Bug with Block Lib and X/Y [NOT A BUG]

Narzugon

Power User
Axe-Edit 3.00.08
Axe-Fx II 14
Win 7 H-Prem SP1
USB Devices connected are Axe II and MFC II
----------------------------------------------------------

Importing blocks from the Blocks Library works as expected if you import to X. But if you import to Y Axe Edit switches you back to X and imports it there. Y remains unchanged.

Go to a blank preset, put a drive block down (tried with other block types as well).
Note the default drive type (RAT)
Change a setting so you can visually see changes.
Save as something. RAT TEST
Change to a different drive type.

Go to Y.
Select RAT TEST from the Block Library. Doesn't matter how you do it.
It will switch to X and import there.
Y is unchanged yet the Block Library name is not ghosted to show that it's inactive.

I reported this with Axe Edit 3.00.5 and Axe FW 13.02. Now for the strange part. When I reported this then I also wrote this:

"I downloaded Yek's latest package of presets last night. I saved a few blocks out of those presets. Two of which I named Hard Fuzz and Hard Fuzz 2 and saved as blocks. I can load these into Y with no problems every time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's just wrong. Leave a Fractal brother out in the cold like that!

This has bugged the shit out of me for some time as I use the block libs a good bit. The current rev of the Axe Edit manual doesn't have the Blocks Lib in it. I thought saving a block to the library saved the selected effect alone. Not the entire block including X/Y and other stuff. I checked the Wiki today:

"Saving a block definitions saves everything about that block: the X and Y states of the block are saved to the definition as well as the scene states of the block. The controllers assigned to the block are also saved but the configurations of the specific controllers attached to the block are not saved as part of the block definition. "

I hold Yek responsible as I know he had the key yet left me out in the cold! :evil

:)

So in the end it isn't a bug.

It's slightly confusing that AE switches to X when you load a block from the library, while being in Y.
But it only seems to do so when the saved block's Y state is not modified.
I don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom