Bug when using 2 cabs

voes

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I've noticed a minor bug when using 2 cabs.

If you use 2 cabs and you bypass one (to hear only one cab) it will bypass both cabs, not visually but sonically.

can anybody confirm this?

Can't reproduce here. Can someone send a preset that exhibits this issue to support?

Actually, I think its working the way it should.

If you bypass one cabinet, then there are 2 signals you are working with. One is a cabinetized signal (sounds good), the other is a non-cabinetized signal (can sound like crap). The two signals added together can then sound like crap. If you really want hear just the once cab, you need to get rid of the shunt from cabinet that you think is turned off. Or mute the second cabinet block.

It would cool to have an easier way to audition 2nd cab addition/subtractions ...

m lebofsky said:

If you bypass one cabinet, then there are 2 signals you are working with. One is a cabinetized signal (sounds good), the other is a non-cabinetized signal (can sound like crap). The two signals added together can then sound like crap. If you really want hear just the once cab, you need to get rid of the shunt from cabinet that you think is turned off. Or mute the second cabinet block.

It would cool to have an easier way to audition 2nd cab addition/subtractions ...

OEPS :oops:, you're right!
Isn't a bug, it's supposed to be like that.
Sorry for your time cliff :oops:

m lebofsky said:

You don't need to remove the shunt, just change the output mode to mute. If you want to audition 2 cabs use the bypass modifier on them setting on to start at 100% while the other starts at 0%

javajunkie said:
m lebofsky said:

You don't need to remove the shunt, just change the output mode to mute. If you want to audition 2 cabs use the bypass modifier on them setting on to start at 100% while the other starts at 0%

Agreed, but it's still a little cumbersome ...

javajunkie said:
m lebofsky said:

Right.... and use this all the time.
I wish the "mute" setting was the default setting.
Can we request this?
:idea: :idea:

AndrewSimon said:
javajunkie said:
m lebofsky said:

Right.... and use this all the time.
I wish the "mute" setting was the default setting.
Can we request this?
:idea: :idea:

That's a good idea. I can't remember one time I would want it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom