[BUG] Volume/Pan block, 100% balance produces no output

Rich G.

Experienced
[v3.02] I'm working on a way to bring both signals from a piezo equipped guitar into the FX8.

I connect mag pickups to the left input Pre. Amp is connected using 4CM. Piezo is connected to Right input Post. Post input mode is set to stereo. Note that my piezo has no controls on the guitar- it's wired straight to the ring of the stereo connector.

The preset consists of one single Vol/Pan block placed Post. Modifier 1 is assigned to the Vol/Pan block's balance. Heel down is -100%, toes down is +100%.

Gate is turned OFF.

Post Output L is going to my amp, Post Output R is going to a DI then direct to mixing board.

When I have heel down, all signal is going to my amp and nothing is going to the mixing board. As I increase the pedal I can hear acoustic sound starting to morph in and amp level is decreasing.

When I go full toe down, I have all the acoustic signal going to the board and the signal to the amp is off. Up to this point everything is working properly.

Now- if I roll guitar volume knob completely off, then the acoustic sound goes away. If I rock the pedal back slightly, sound acoustic sound comes back.

If I go full toe down, then change the modifier range to a Max of 98% instead of 100% then the sound comes back. There's something it doesn't like about full 100%.

I thought maybe the gate had something to do with it since it only happens when I roll my guitar mag pickup volume all the way down, but I turned the gate OFF.

Odd thing is, if I look at the meters on the utility page, Output 2 is showing signal- it's just that there's no sound coming out.

Eh... Can you upload the preset please? It's tough to understand it fully with just words.

The complexity is in the routing. Here's a quick pic I drew of that.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom