Unbearable latency on Live Mode

Piing

Axe-Master
I have mentioned this at other places but it didn't got attention, so I open a new thread.

There is an unbearable latency when setting the Axe-FX Buffer to the default of 256 (5.3 ms). Setting it higher than that creates nasty noises.

I am using an Intel i7 6700HQ 2.6 GHz (ASUS GL552VW) with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Interesting... What is making 5.3 ms. latency unbearable?

For context, 5.3 ms. translates to about the same in 'feet for motion' of sound waves. So at 5.3 ms. latency, and standing at 6' would add another 6 ms., for a total of 11.3 ms. So it seems odd to me that 5.3 ms. would be a problem. Could it be that something in the connection between the AXE and the PC is adding an extra delay beyond the expected 5.3 ms.?

I know, 5.3 ms should not be noticed. I have the Axe-FX III connected directly to the PC USB port

Driver issue? Remove all drivers, reboot, reinstall?

Yes. It is definitively more than 5.3 ms. And I cannot safely set the buffer below 256

Having the same issue - except I have to run at 512. Reinstalled the driver, rebooted, etc. The volume of Live Mode is less than half of what it used to be.

upload_2018-12-19_17-7-22.png

I have mentioned this at other places but it didn't got attention, so I open a new thread.

There is an unbearable latency when setting the Axe-FX Buffer to the default of 256 (5.3 ms). Setting it higher than that creates nasty noises.

I am using an Intel i7 6700HQ 2.6 GHz (ASUS GL552VW) with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-latency-issues-with-usb.137958/#post-1636630

Specifically this part:

It seems the Axe-Fx III actually uses 2 buffers of size "USB Buffer Size". Or at least that seems the case with an experiment I ran with Reaper. On Windows 10, using a ASIO Buffer size of 64, Safe mode disabled. I disabled "Use audio driver reported latency" in Reaper. Then I set USB Buffer Size to 256 at the Axe-FX III.

I then set up a patch with IN USB Block going to OUT2 block. In Reaper I added one track with a send to USB 7+8 (i.e. IN USB) and another track set to record IN 3+4 (i.e. OUT2 Block).

After recording I measured the latency in Reaper, which was about 1238 samples. The FASUSBAudio Control panel reported as 136 samples for input, 72 samples for output for latency, accounting for 208 samples. That leaves around 1030 samples, which could be explained if we assume there are 4 USB Buffers at the Axe-Fx III (2 for input, 2 for output), i.e. 1024 samples.

The Axe-FX III added latency for loopback at a default USB Buffer size of 256 (Note this is a setting on the Axe-Fx III itself, not the ASIO Panel) is around 22ms + add the latency introduced by the ASIO driver itself as well.

In your case with your ASIO settings, I bet you are looking at a good 30-40ms of total latency.

Back
Top Bottom