Bug: Snapshots save to wrong path?

Narzugon

Power User
AE 3.02
AXE 11.05
Win 7 Hm Pre 64

I did a quick search and didn't see that this was reported so I'm throwing it out there.

Snapshots save to: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\presets\snapshots

Shouldn't it be this? C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\presets\Snapshots

It's not a bug... the path is correct.
On win7 its - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\presets\snapshots

"My Documents" is a virtualized folder location (it can point to any folder)... shows as "My Documents" in explorer tree, but maps to the above location by default.
Right-click on your "my documents" folder.. click properties.. look at the "Location" tab.. you'll see the physical location listed there.

I do have "My Documents" set to another location (secondary drive). Perhaps this is causing a problem. Shouldn't Axe Edit know where the virtualized path is?

Viewing from an Explorer window with nothing hidden, I have a Documents and My Documents folder. All of my Axe Edit data resides under the My Docs path while snapshots only write to the Documents path.

Last edited:
Similar problem occurs with importing user created blocks.

Lets say I downloaded a Delay block from Axechange and put it in this location:

.........\My Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Blocks\Delay\

I start Axe Edit and go to an empty preset.
I select an empty block on the grid and right click.
I go to "Library\Recall".
The new block does not show up in the list.

Saving a block writes it to the above location and not the "Documents" path.
I can load Blocks that I have saved from within Axe Edit.

I tried copying the downloaded blocks to the "Documents" path to see if it would read from that location but it did not.

As I said earlier I have "My Documents" set to a custom "Location" which is on a secondary drive. I would choose the default location just to see if this is causing the issue but I have a ton of data there with network shares that I don't want to move around right now.

I'm unsure of the actual AE implementation of the virtualized documents usage on Windows.. it could be that user\documents works for Vista, 7 and 8 (assuming "My Documents" has not been redirected).
And yes, the problem would exist for both snapshots and blocks - given the same pointer.
Not sure there's a solution right now, other than to know that the virtualized path is not being used and point to \documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\

I will open a "bug" on this issue.. it will be up to the development team to assign priority..

UPDATE: Bug opened..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom