[BUG?] Selecting Axe FX 3 as audio output on Mac OS 11.2.3 hangs several software packages (Guitar Pro, Youtube...)

Have you tried unplugging and plugging back in your usb cable on the back of your axe fx 3? Not a fix per se, but it works for me every time with youtube.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging back in your usb cable on the back of your axe fx 3? Not a fix per se, but it works for me every time with youtube.

yeah, I actually mentioned that to another user that suggested it earlier in the thread. While this works, it's clear there's an issue because it shouldn't be required :)

Not sure if you've seen this but I'll post it again...
"I have a 2018 MacBook Pro and I had the same problem all I had to do was Unplug the USB Cable and it would work again.. Then Cliff mentioned a new MAC USB Beta Firmware and that fixed my issue...
Contact support and they'll send you the new MAC USB Beta Firmware. They sent it to me and it's working great..."

Not sure if you've seen this but I'll post it again...
"I have a 2018 MacBook Pro and I had the same problem all I had to do was Unplug the USB Cable and it would work again.. Then Cliff mentioned a new MAC USB Beta Firmware and that fixed my issue...
Contact support and they'll send you the new MAC USB Beta Firmware. They sent it to me and it's working great..."
I'll try. Sounds like they should just give it to everyone.

It would be nice if Fractal could make this USB Beta Driver available here in the forum! Logic is hanging every time when I start it with the AxeFX3 as Audiointerface. Then I just start Logic again and everything is ok. So it's not the end of the world, but also not an ideal situation.

As far as being a "Jack of all trades and master of none", I never did like the idea much. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to use my Apollo Quad as what it was designed for, an "Audio Interface". To me, just because most of the latest guitar processors can also be used as an "Audio Interface" (and also as a good paper-weight too), doesn't always mean its the better way. So I'll keep the Axe-FX III around for the guitar stuff, thanks. :)Even if you can get there "both ways" eventually, its always better to dig a hole with a shovel than with a rake.

As far as being a "Jack of all trades and master of none", I never did like the idea much. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to use my Apollo Quad as what it was designed for, an "Audio Interface". To me, just because most of the latest guitar processors can also be used as an "Audio Interface" (and also as a good paper-weight too), doesn't always mean its the better way. So I'll keep the Axe-FX III around for the guitar stuff, thanks. :)Even if you can get there "both ways" eventually, its always better to dig a hole with a shovel than with a rake.
On the one hand, I agree and actually I have ordered a pretty expensive Audiointerface now :) on the other hand, many people seem to like to have the USB option for example for Reamping. I am just praying that my new Audiointerface will not force me to touch the Recording Delay in Logic, because I got the impression that you don't always get the same value, even under the same conditions, but maybe I am overlooking something.

Back
Top Bottom