[FIXED] Bug: Scene Copy and Channels

OmegaZero

Inspired
I've run into several situations where block parameters are doing funny things after using scene copy. I've isolated at least one method of reproducing this type of behavior:

- Select factory preset 000
- Copy scene 1 to scene 2 using the tools page on the grid
- Go into the amp block in scene 1
- Notice the Presence setting is 5.00, channel is A
- Change to scene 2
- Notice the Presence setting is still 5.00, channel is still A (as expected after the copy)
- Change to scene 3
- Change back to scene 2
- Notice the channel is still A, but the presence value is now 8.17
- Change to scene 1
- Notice the channel is still A, and the presence value here has also changed to 8.17

In factory preset 000, scene 1 is using amp channel A (presence 5.00) and scene 2 is using amp channel B (presence 8.17). It looks like the parameters from channel B are getting applied when changing from scene 3 back to scene 2, despite the fact that scene 2 is on channel A after the scene copy. It also appears that these "stuck" values persist into scene 1, even though scene 1 has never been on channel B. The issue is not just in the display; I can clearly hear the wrong channel's values are being called up when this happens.

The really weird thing is when you use a MIDI controller to skip around in the scenes (non-sequential changes), the values will sometimes correct themselves for a bit. If I do the above steps, then change directly from scene 3 to scene 1, the parameters are correct (they don't get "stuck"). Same thing happens from scene 4 to scene 1 - works fine. Also, after changing directly to scene 1 from scene 3 or 4, I can then change to scene 2 and get the correct channel A values. You can keep changing scenes and watch the values get stuck and un-stuck. So odd...

This may also be related to this scene and block state bug, though I'm not positive about that.

Update: Simplified steps to reproduce the issue, and [hopefully] clarified my description.

Last edited:
I've had more time to play with this today, and I've updated my notes above. I also simplified the steps to reproduce the issue.

I've had scene copy issues too!
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-do-you-get-copy-scene-to-actually-work.137885/
On mine, a restart fixes the issues but I am trying to recreate 100+ patches & it would take forever having to restart after every scene copy I have to do. These are supposed to be the amp block copied from scene 1 to scene 8. NOT the same!!

Yeah, that sounds like how I came across the issue too. To me it seems more like something wrong with channels, as opposed to scene copy itself being broken.

Ive had weird issues to with channel copy and then a b ‘ing them to notice they sound different. I have been saving the preset first then doing the channel copy and then saving.

I have had some scene related weirdness going on from time to time too. Its very random. One really weird thing that I seen for the first time today was I changed to a completely different preset that has one scene, from a preset with 8 scenes. One of the scene names from the 8 scene preset showed up on the one scene preset. Changed to another preset and back, and it was back to normal. :confused:

Verified and fixed for next firmware release.

To work around this in the interim manually update the Amp channel by selecting the scene and then selecting the desired channel.
For example:
Select Scene 1
If the Channel is B and you want it to remain B select a different channel and then reselect B.

Verified and fixed for next firmware release.

To work around this in the interim manually update the Amp channel by selecting the scene and then selecting the desired channel.
For example:
Select Scene 1
If the Channel is B and you want it to remain B select a different channel and then reselect B.

Thanks Cliff!!

Back
Top Bottom