[BUG] Reverb Room Size

Jason Scott

Fractal Fanatic
I was playing with the stock Vibrato-King preset and ran into an issue while using two reverbs in parallel. It seems to be specifically related to the room size. I've copied the reverb configuration to other presets with the same result. It sounds like some serious digital artifacting in the left channel.

Would someone try the attached preset and confirm?

Attachments

• Vibrato-King.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I hear it. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with having two reverb blocks, you can delete the second one and it still occurs. But it is definitely related to room size. At values 6.0 and below it sounds like a slapback delay, which I assume is not normal. At 6.1 and 6.2 it has the weird artifacting sound and then above 6.2 it seems to function normally.

Also, it's not just something weird in this preset. I can repro in my presets and it seems to affect several if not all reverb types.

confirmed here....6.2 size artifacts on all room verbs...more pronounced in parallel at 100% mix (obviously I guess)

Last edited:
FAS say you don't need reverb that small :hammer: I need a ~3 foot delay line size, FAS say no you don't. I build one myself with something else...

FAS say you don't need reverb that small :hammer: I need a ~3 foot delay line size, FAS say no you don't. I build one myself with something else...
Not what was said. He said it "isn't realistic" but also alluded to fixing it anyway so you can use it in an unrealistic manner without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom