Bug Report: FW19

Not sure if this is the right place to report this but I can’t find a better place.

Sometimes I swap tone stacks on the FAS Mod amps to see if I can change the amp’s flavor to be more like a JCM, Diezel, etc.

I’ve noticed since FW19, when you scroll through the tone stacks, if you’re using the FAS MOD III, when the tone stack hits “Gibtone Scout”, the output meters max out, there’s an audible pop from the speaker, and you get no more sound.

Cycling power fixes it.

I’ve tried to reproduce it on a few different models with negative results. Apparently it has to be MOD III with the Gibtone Scout tone stack.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Not sure if this is the right place to report this but I can’t find a better place.

Sometimes I swap tone stacks on the FAS Mod amps to see if I can change the amp’s flavor to be more like a JCM, Diezel, etc.

I’ve noticed since FW19, when you scroll through the tone stacks, if you’re using the FAS MOD III, when the tone stack hits “Gibtone Scout”, the output meters max out, there’s an audible pop from the speaker, and you get no more sound.

Cycling power fixes it.

I’ve tried to reproduce it on a few different models with negative results. Apparently it has to be MOD III with the Gibtone Scout tone stack.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?
Reproducible here on a few different presets and a fresh preset as well.

Select the FAS Modern III amp switch to "Gibtone Scout" tone stack and boom maxed out output meters.

Reproducible here on a few different presets and a fresh preset as well.

Select the FAS Modern III amp switch to "Gibtone Scout" tone stack and boom maxed out output meters.
Glad I’m not crazy. Haven’t tried it on more than a a few models. After a few turns cycling the power and rebooting I lose interest and go do something else.

As someone who works as a software/hardware QA tester, I can attest that when you write bug reports that are clearly detailed with accurate, reproducible steps , you make a software engineer's job extremely easy. It's not always easiest to debug the "why", but it definitely gets the engineer "on site" almost immediately and then a fix is usually a short time away.

As someone who works as a software/hardware QA tester, I can attest that when you write bug reports that are clearly detailed with accurate, reproducible steps , you make a software engineer's job extremely easy. It's not always easiest to debug the "why", but it definitely gets the engineer "on site" almost immediately and then a fix is usually a short time away.
I do what I can.

Figured if I didn’t get to the point right away nobody would bother to take a look :)

Back
Top Bottom