Bug or stupidity (14.00)?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

While mucking around this evening in Axe Edit, I found something that seems inconsistent.

It appears that speaker (CAB) muting does not change with the SCENES setting. I'm sure there are other ways this can be done (i.e. channels), but I found it odd.

Example:

Scene 1: Cab A and B are active, C and D are muted
Scene 2: Cab A is (supposed to be) MUTED, but it still shows the same status as in SCENE 1.

Is this correct behavior? Thanks!

you need to use different channels of the cab block.

Scene 1: use cab block channel A, set Cab A and B active, C and D muted
Scene 2: use cab block channel B, set Cab A muted

Scene 1: Cab A and B are active, C and D are muted

I think you mean: Cab 1 and 2 are active, 3 and 4 are muted

The active/MUTE/SOLO configuration of the 4 internal cabs in a CAB block channel are fixed (like any other block). As others have said, channels are used to define other setting configurations.

Thanks guys! I just thought it should treat the CAB BYPASS states on a per-SCENE basis. Live and learn.

And to yyz67 - 'like any other block'? Have you checked out SCENE CONTROLLERS?

you need to use different channels of the cab block.

Scene 1: use cab block channel A, set Cab A and B active, C and D muted
Scene 2: use cab block channel B, set Cab A muted
Good stuff! But let me ask you this - couldn't the CHANNEL change be used to load completely different speakers? That's a big job. The scene change (IMHO) should really be capable of managing cabinet mutes.

Good stuff! But let me ask you this - couldn't the CHANNEL change be used to load completely different speakers? That's a big job. The scene change (IMHO) should really be capable of managing cabinet mutes.
Not really. Those are block settings. Are there other blocks that allow setting changes between scenes? Nope, not without channel changes or scene controllers... Cuz that's not how it works.

The Cab block follows the same paradigm as every other block.

I agree, but I think there's still room for debate...

In effect, scene changes are all about ENGAGE/BYPASS right?

IMHO, MUTES are also like an effect bypass in this context (mute speaker A on scene 2, and simultaneously unmute speaker B)?

I'm my twisted ex-engineer mind, this makes sense.

Not really. Those are block settings. Are there other blocks that allow setting changes between scenes? Nope, not without channel changes or scene controllers... Cuz that's not how it works.

The Cab block follows the same paradigm as every other block.
Sorry - meant to respond to this with the last reply...

Um.. err... yup it do, if you use SCENE CONTROLLERS. You can tweak pretty much anything you like from SCENE to SCENE. Granted, you only have two SCENE CONTROLLERS, but you can tie them to multiple targets.

I agree, but I think there's still room for debate...

In effect, scene changes are all about ENGAGE/BYPASS right?

IMHO, MUTES are also like an effect bypass in this context (mute speaker A on scene 2, and simultaneously unmute speaker B)?

I'm my twisted ex-engineer mind, this makes sense.
Well, then so should the Amp block Boost, Bright Switch, etc, right? They are simple on/off switches... But that's not how it works.

Scenes are for controlling block on/off and Channel selection. That's it... Anything else is a setting within a channel of a block.

Sorry - meant to respond to this with the last reply...

Um.. err... yup it do, if you use SCENE CONTROLLERS. You can tweak pretty much anything you like from SCENE to SCENE. Granted, you only have two SCENE CONTROLLERS, but you can tie them to multiple targets.
Actually, you have four on the Axe Fx III... And there are 4 channels of the modifiers, so technically there are 16 ;)

Well, then so should the Amp block Boost, Bright Switch, etc, right? They are simple on/off switches... But that's not how it works.

Scenes are for controlling block on/off and Channel selection. That's it... Anything else is a setting within a channel of a block.
Perhaps the scene philosophy doesn't generally permit drastic parameter changes (too bad), or for that matter, any immersion into the block level parameters. I would actually enjoy the ability to control amp boost from a scene change!!! For now, I do it with a SCENE CONTROLLER.

Perhaps the scene philosophy doesn't generally permit drastic parameter changes (too bad), or for that matter, any immersion into the block level parameters. I would actually enjoy the ability to control amp boost from a scene change!!! For now, I do it with a SCENE CONTROLLER.
That's what they are there for :D

You can also do it with channels if you copy the channel and just tweak the boot switch. Maybe a couple other settings while you're at it since it's now in a new channel.

You can also do it by attaching a Control Switch as a modifier to the boost, and setting the Control Switch value in your scenes to suit.

Back
Top Bottom