Bug or ?: MFC-101 2.15 tuner display characters scrambled

ElectricPhase

Fractal Fanatic
My MFC-101 is new enough that I hadn't used the tuner button yet. I just updated to Axe-FX II 9.01 and MFC-101 2.15.

When I step on the tuner IA switch, the screen appears to be scrambled. Instead of the left and right arrows, I get the Greek letters sigma and pi. Instead of the "square dots", I get a weird thing that looks like about half of a jagged tooth. So my display with my G string in tune looks (kinda) like:

[^^^^^^^^ΣG π^^^^^^^^ ] instead of [ . . . . . . . . > G < . . . . . . . . ]

....except that the tooth looking thingies are asymmetrical. Other than the strange characters, the tuner seems to function correctly.

Not sure if this is a bug or whether there's something wrong with my MFC-101. Is this happening to anyone else?

Did a reset (held down 11 while powering on, then 14 on the prompt). MFC-101 tuner display still looks like a frat house sign.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to post.

I'll wait a while to see whether anyone else has had this malady, but it's starting to look like I might have to contact support.

Did a reset (held down 11 while powering on, then 14 on the prompt). MFC-101 tuner display still looks like a frat house sign.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to post.

I'll wait a while to see whether anyone else has had this malady, but it's starting to look like I might have to contact support.

I'd take a picture of it and email it to support, something seems wrong with it.

Hmmm.... Yes, I sent an e-mail to support with this photo on 12/11. They must be really busy. I haven't heard back yet.

2012-12-11_115158.jpg

Yep, definitely 8 steps Sigma of A... lol

I have updated but haven't used the MFC tuner since. Will give it a whirl when I get home and post back.

I'd like to lay this thread to rest properly, in case anyone else encounters this issue.

The issue was not a firmware bug. The MFC had to be sent back to Fractal to have the display reprogrammed.

Thanks to Fractal for their outstanding support and to a number of forum members who helped on this thread and via PM.

Back
Top Bottom