BUG: Moving Columns Breaks Multi Block Connections

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm using:
* Axe-Edit v3.14.0
* Axe-Fx II XL+ Firmware Quantum 7.02
* Windows 10 Pro v1607 64bit with all current updates as of 04/07/2017

Whenever I move a column before a block that connects to multiple Blocks, all the connections get broken.

This is hard to explain, so please see the 2 screenshots. All I did was move column 10 to 3 and then all the connections to the column with the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Rotary were disconnected.

Before Moveing Column.png After Moveing Column.png

I'm using:
* Axe-Edit v3.14.0
* Axe-Fx II XL+ Firmware Quantum 7.02
* Windows 10 Pro v1607 64bit with all current updates as of 04/07/2017

Whenever I move a column before a block that connects to multiple Blocks, all the connections get broken.

This is hard to explain, so please see the 2 screenshots. All I did was move column 10 to 3 and then all the connections to the column with the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Rotary were disconnected.

View attachment 39278 View attachment 39279
Not really a fix, but wouldn't it be easier to just drag the one block over than the whole column?

I believe this happens on purpose so feedback loops aren't created due to many things moving and possibly connecting.

Not really a fix, but wouldn't it be easier to just drag the one block over than the whole column?

I probably should have used a better screenshot for my example. I usually move blank columns from the right to the left to give me more Blocks before the Amp Block.

Example: If I find a preset I like but want to use the Looper in the first column. Most presets have the compressor in the first column, so I have to move a blank column from the right to left before the Amp block.

I probably should have used a better screenshot for my example. I usually move blank columns from the right to the left to give me more Blocks before the Amp Block.

Example: If I find a preset I like but want to use the Looper in the first column. Most presets have the compressor in the first column, so I have to move a blank column from the right to left before the Amp block.
Yeah... I figured maybe you were just demonstrating the issue ;)

I don't understand. If you have an empty column to move to the left, then you have a blank space to move to the right. Try that, and see what you get.

I don't understand. If you have an empty column to move to the left, then you have a blank space to move to the right. Try that, and see what you get.

I'm going to use a better preset tonight and make new screenshots. I should have used a preset that has all the blocks to the left of the Amp block full and then move a blank column that's after the Amp Block to before the Amp Block. I have to do this a lot when I want to use the Looper in the first column.

Not sure if it's a feature or a bug but I encounter this same issue frequently so I know exactly what you are talking about. In my case, I usually run into when I'm trying to fit a looper at the end of the chain. Doesn't matter if you use the column move feature or drag the block. It's hard to predict exactly when a shunt will get preserved or not so it's hard to describe.

It's been that way as long as I can remember.
I just got used to it and consider reconnecting moved blocks part of my work flow.
It's not so bad on AE. Front panel is a little slower but not by much after a little practice.

It's been that way as long as I can remember.
I just got used to it and consider reconnecting moved blocks part of my work flow.
It's not so bad on AE. Front panel is a little slower but not by much after a little practice.

I didn't even think to try it on the front panel. If it does it on there too then it's probably not a fixable bug.

I notice this issue more now because I run a lot of FX blocks in parallel, so if I forget to add the Looper Block to the first column before adding and connecting all the FX Blocks in parallel, I have to do it all over again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom