• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

BUG: Moving Columns Breaks Multi Block Connections

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm using:
* Axe-Edit v3.14.0
* Axe-Fx II XL+ Firmware Quantum 7.02
* Windows 10 Pro v1607 64bit with all current updates as of 04/07/2017

Whenever I move a column before a block that connects to multiple Blocks, all the connections get broken.

This is hard to explain, so please see the 2 screenshots. All I did was move column 10 to 3 and then all the connections to the column with the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Rotary were disconnected.

Before Moveing Column.png After Moveing Column.png

unix-guy

Legend!
I'm using:
* Axe-Edit v3.14.0
* Axe-Fx II XL+ Firmware Quantum 7.02
* Windows 10 Pro v1607 64bit with all current updates as of 04/07/2017

Whenever I move a column before a block that connects to multiple Blocks, all the connections get broken.

This is hard to explain, so please see the 2 screenshots. All I did was move column 10 to 3 and then all the connections to the column with the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Rotary were disconnected.

View attachment 39278 View attachment 39279
Not really a fix, but wouldn't it be easier to just drag the one block over than the whole column?

chris

Legend!
I believe this happens on purpose so feedback loops aren't created due to many things moving and possibly connecting.

GotMetalBoy

Power User
Not really a fix, but wouldn't it be easier to just drag the one block over than the whole column?
I probably should have used a better screenshot for my example. I usually move blank columns from the right to the left to give me more Blocks before the Amp Block.

Example: If I find a preset I like but want to use the Looper in the first column. Most presets have the compressor in the first column, so I have to move a blank column from the right to left before the Amp block.

unix-guy

Legend!
I probably should have used a better screenshot for my example. I usually move blank columns from the right to the left to give me more Blocks before the Amp Block.

Example: If I find a preset I like but want to use the Looper in the first column. Most presets have the compressor in the first column, so I have to move a blank column from the right to left before the Amp block.
Yeah... I figured maybe you were just demonstrating the issue ;)

Rex

Legend!
I don't understand. If you have an empty column to move to the left, then you have a blank space to move to the right. Try that, and see what you get.

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I don't understand. If you have an empty column to move to the left, then you have a blank space to move to the right. Try that, and see what you get.
I'm going to use a better preset tonight and make new screenshots. I should have used a preset that has all the blocks to the left of the Amp block full and then move a blank column that's after the Amp Block to before the Amp Block. I have to do this a lot when I want to use the Looper in the first column.

Dave76

Inspired
Not sure if it's a feature or a bug but I encounter this same issue frequently so I know exactly what you are talking about. In my case, I usually run into when I'm trying to fit a looper at the end of the chain. Doesn't matter if you use the column move feature or drag the block. It's hard to predict exactly when a shunt will get preserved or not so it's hard to describe.

Funeral

Fractal Fanatic
It's been that way as long as I can remember.
I just got used to it and consider reconnecting moved blocks part of my work flow.
It's not so bad on AE. Front panel is a little slower but not by much after a little practice.

GotMetalBoy

Power User
It's been that way as long as I can remember.
I just got used to it and consider reconnecting moved blocks part of my work flow.
It's not so bad on AE. Front panel is a little slower but not by much after a little practice.
I didn't even think to try it on the front panel. If it does it on there too then it's probably not a fixable bug.

I notice this issue more now because I run a lot of FX blocks in parallel, so if I forget to add the Looper Block to the first column before adding and connecting all the FX Blocks in parallel, I have to do it all over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom