Bug? "Mic distance" in rotary doesn't do anything

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I was fiddling around with the rotary block, and after noticing that the names of the" HF and LF mic spacing" parameters aren't matched to GUI (it's says "mic spacing" and "mic distance" on the Axe-Fx III, but I assume those are the parameters that are being referred to).

Anyway, after trying out a lot of different settings on the various parameters, I have to say that I can really tell if "mic distance" is doing anything. If it's supposed to be the "LF mic spacing" parameter that's referred to in the manual, then it's supposed to adjust the rotary drum between mono and stereo. I can't get it to be stereo, or really tell if anything else is happening.

There are no "HF and LF mic spacing" parameters. There is Mic Spacing which controls how far apart the virtual mics are and Mic Distance which controls how far the virtual mics are from the cabinet. Both those parameters work properly here. The effect is subtle though.

There are no "HF and LF mic spacing" parameters. There is Mic Spacing which controls how far apart the virtual mics are and Mic Distance which controls how far the virtual mics are from the cabinet. Both those parameters work properly here. The effect is subtle though.
Ah, gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom