Bug: MFC stuck on 3rd patch of bank

Wes37

Inspired
This is intermittent...

Sometimes the MFC will stick on the 3rd patch of a bank. Once it does, buttons 1, 2, 4, and 5 will bring up the same patch as 3. The down bank also doesn't work, but up bank does, but only to enable the third patch of the next higher bank. All of the effect switches still work.

The short term fix is to manually adjust the knob on the Axe Fx II to the patch I want to go to, then avoid button 3 for a bit. Obviously this is not ideal.

Is there a fix?

Wes

Try stepping on the stuck button like 20 times in a row. When I first got my MFC my button 2 would behave as you are describing. It was suggested on this forum that sometimes the buttons get dirty on the inside and that is what is making it stick. The buttons are supposedly self-cleaning and repeatedly stepping on the button helps work whatever is making it stick loose. Sounds random, but it really worked for me. Sometimes it still happens, but I just step a few times on the button and I am good to go for the rest of the night.

Below is a link to the forum where I had a similiar issue in Oct, 2011. The solution is as Stringer76 advised. I haven't had an issue since then.
Let us know if it works.

"...contacted Fractal. They advised that my situation sounded like switch 1 was sticking due to dirt. (??? the unit was 1 month old) The Fractal solution was to depress the switch about a dozen times as the switches are self cleaning. I did that to switch 1 and the other 16 and there has been no problem in the past 2 weeks. I don't know if your issuue is the same but it is worth the try. I'll update this post if the problem should arise in the future."

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-w...topped-down-scrolling-during-performance.html

Back
Top Bottom