Bug? Intelligent Gate Mode Makes Squeeking Sound

Variable

Inspired
Anyone else notice this? On the Input Block, the Intelligent gate mode makes a squeeking noise when cutting off the signal. Changing to Classic does not do this.

I'll record an example if I get a chance when I get home.

Type “intelligent” into the forum search up top and read the threads from the results.

You have to fine-tune your gate settings to make it knock that off. It's a quirk of intelligent mode. In certain cases you may be better off with classic mode.

I searched already and don't see anything definitive. I see a post from Cliff saying he was fixing something about the Intelligent mode without specifics. I do see a lot of people are having the same issue, so I'll re-ask: Bug? Obviously if a lot of people are getting artifacts, even if it's a design / expected thing, then perhaps there is something with how the design is set up that is causing the issue. I've played around with a lot of different settings with the Intelligent mode and none of them make the squeeking artifact go away other than using Classic mode. It would be nice to use Intelligent since it's supposed to be more, well, intelligent, but the artifacts make it effectively unusable.

In any case, having Intelligent be the default on the input block is perhaps not the best option if it introduces artifacts?

I searched already and don't see anything definitive. I see a post from Cliff saying he was fixing something about the Intelligent mode without specifics. I do see a lot of people are having the same issue, so I'll re-ask: Bug? Obviously if a lot of people are getting artifacts, even if it's a design / expected thing, then perhaps there is something with how the design is set up that is causing the issue. I've played around with a lot of different settings with the Intelligent mode and none of them make the squeeking artifact go away other than using Classic mode. It would be nice to use Intelligent since it's supposed to be more, well, intelligent, but the artifacts make it effectively unusable.

In any case, having Intelligent be the default on the input block is perhaps not the best option if it introduces artifacts?
Does it introduce artifacts at default settings?

Intelligent mode in general seems to have a much narrower "window" between useful noise reduction and the artifacts it introduces depending on your settings.

It makes a sound just like when you take the high e string and pop it over the edge of the neck pickup...clickclick...clickclick...it's not all the time but it is apparent when it pops up

Intelligent supposedly has EMI filtering but I can't tell the difference between the classic, same amount of interference noise.

Back
Top Bottom