Bug? Input boost in Amp 1 switches on by itself at random

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
Ok, here's a weird/spooky one.

PRESET (right-click and save as)

AxeFXIII, 14.06, connected via USB to AxeEditIII. All firmwares and software current.

Amp #1 (Archean Clean) Input Boost randomly switches itself on. UI in unit and in AxeEdit do not reflect its change in on/off state unless the amp's page/tab is changed away and back. Audio is clearly boosted, as it's an 18dB CC Boost in the preset. No controller or switch is attached to Amp #1's Input Boost.

Turned it off and back on again, same thing happens.

We're you just playing, without changing anything? I'm wondering if it's totally random, vs connected to scene or footswitch or controller changes that in theory shouldn't be affecting the boost switch.

We're you just playing, without changing anything? I'm wondering if it's totally random, vs connected to scene or footswitch or controller changes that in theory shouldn't be affecting the boost switch.
Yup. Just playing, not touching any controls at all. Even just sitting there not playing, it would suddenly get noisier. No input needed from a controller or switch.

I copied my MkIVDrms preset from #013 to a new slot (#017), and then copied in the two amp channels to make a new version of it with the Archean. #013 does not do this, only #017.... spoooOOOOooooOOoooky

Maybe Cliff-in-the-machine knows when you need a boost. My Archean Clean preset in #360 is behaving fine. (JK...I know that's not helpful.)

Will try your preset when I get a chance.

Maybe Cliff-in-the-machine knows when you need a boost. My Archean Clean preset in #360 is behaving fine. (JK...I know that's not helpful.)

Will try your preset when I get a chance.
Yeah, there's something spooky going on with it. LOL! Hopefully it is not using NS5 code updates....

Back
Top Bottom