BUG In Drive block?

RDH

Fractal Fanatic
I'm having an issue that's popped up this week on FW8. Pretty sure its a bug. After the unit has been on for a couple hours or so I starts generating a very loud pink noise type sound. it happened twice this week shut it off reboot it and its ok. It just now happened again when I activated a lead scene with a drive pedal. switch the scene back and it went away, but every time a drive pedal is activated it's loud pink noise. It's definitely the drive block!
anyone else? also, I've had some odd noises here and there. pops, clicks and static. not continuous, but periodicaly. Also I've went back to 7.02 no pops and static. I"ve installed 8.00 3 times now and no change, also rest system. rebuilt the presets from scratch as well.
(Edit) Reset the drive block as it was doing it and it still would come back. Preset attached: but did it on every patch I changed to. reboot and all works fine for a few hours.

Edit: It did it two more times this afternoon . Seems to be around 2 hours after booting. Just now kicked in drive block and beautiful pink noise. However this time instead of resetting the drive block I changed to a different drive and it went away. Seems to be in the Heartpedal 11. I've not used that particular drive until this week. I'll choose a different drive model and see if it does it again
Attachments
Views: 0

Attachments

• 1987x Crunch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
I have a preset with the Heartpedal 11 in it idling now. Will check back in two hours.

Reactions: RDH
Can't reproduce with a random preset here. I'll try your preset next.

Edit: your preset is of no use to me. It has global blocks in it. Please export it without the global blocks.

I never turn off my unit & had FW8 running continuously since its release and never had any issues with any of the drives in the drive block. I’m on the 9beta now though.

Here's the preset no global links. Thanks Guys for checking into it. could be the settings I used:
Drive 1.02
Bass 8.44
Treble 5.71
Level 10.00
IIRC there was some issues a while back on some drives being set to 10 on level.

Attachments

• 1987x Crunch unlinked global.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
this is the same thing that happens to me, i think. I've posted about it a few times, and others commented with the same issue.

What makes it hard is there's no pattern, it just happens. I can see WHY it's almost impossible to reproduce, but that doesn't mean there's not an issue. It's obviously not the preset or the environment or the unit or the user.

Double Verb WoW...

This new impedance control combined with the secret sauce that was just added = a "THAT's IT" moment!!!!

Putting the impedance control just under .7 on Clean amps and then adjusting the level up a bit on the amp out level does it for me...!

...Opps...wrong thread...

Last edited:
What makes it hard is there's no pattern, it just happens. I can see WHY it's almost impossible to reproduce, but that doesn't mean there's not an issue. It's obviously not the preset or the environment or the unit or the user.
Yes, it happened once Wednesday, once Thursday and consistently all day yesterday, I haven't been able,to get it to reproduce today either?? Very strange! If it happens again I'll try backing the level off and see if that stops it.

Double Verb WoW...

This new impedance control combined with the secret sauce that was just added = a "THAT's IT" moment!!!!

Putting the impedance control just under .7 on Clean amps and then adjusting the level up a bit on the amp out level does it for me...!
Wrong thread?

Finally caught a decent recording of mine...

Nice. Any idea how to reproduce it? Did you just leave it on for a while? It sounds like something very low frequency is oscillating with positive feedback and just building up over time.

I've been unable to reproduce the problem here. I have a Heartpedal 11 on, level at 10, for a few hours now with no issue.

@FractalAudio this looks like a legit issue in the drive block but tricky to reproduce.

Nice. Any idea how to reproduce it? Did you just leave it on for a while? It sounds like something very low frequency is oscillating with positive feedback and just building up over time.

I've been unable to reproduce the problem here. I have a Heartpedal 11 on, level at 10, for a few hours now with no issue.

@FractalAudio this looks like a legit issue in the drive block but tricky to reproduce.
you are correct that it builds over time and gets louder.
I had mine powere up 4 hours today trying to catch a recording and it hasn't reproduced. Did it at least 4 or 5 time yesterday consistently. Very puzzling. I thought at first maybe my unit as failing. but its definitely a drive block issue. I'll keep trying.

I think @jlynnb1 was experiencing this with the Timothy model...

Back
Top Bottom