Bug in Cygnus Beta 5?

Jdn

Today when I was fiddling around with various parameters I accidentally rolled down Power Tube grid Bias to zero, which froze the unit completely. Re-boot and everything's back to normal. This happens with a lot of amp models and it only occurs when you roll it down to zero. Anyone else seen this?

I think it's ultimately good to find these issues by accident or by fooling around (I have been known to irritate Cliff by turning dials I shouldn't ;)).

It's a built-in benefit of a beta release to "break" things (imagine playing a gig and accidentally doing that), even if its a PITA for Cliff.

I think it's ultimately good to find these issues by accident or by fooling around (I have been known to irritate Cliff by turning dials I shouldn't ;)).

It's a built-in benefit of a beta release to "break" things (imagine playing a gig and accidentally doing that), even if its a PITA for Cliff.
'Breaking' other people's software, usually by putting in 'silly' test data, is a favorite thing to do for me. :)

@Jdn, confirmed: I accidentally did the same on mine (Plexi 6CA7) and unit made a loud squeal and locked up.

Reactions: Jdn
Back
Top Bottom