[BUG] Hold function issue

Funeral

Fractal Fanatic
I'm trying to set Chorus 1 and Flanger 1 to the same button. Chorus being tap, and Flanger being hold.
When I hold the button, both the Chorus and the Flanger turn on. What am I doing wrong? I am using the new feature, "Switch up", switch on hold release, fwiw.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit
This is doing the same thing for any two functions I try to set a hold function up for.
Just tried it with tap Preset +1 and hold layout switch/change. It changed the preset and then switched the layout.
:(
Everything is up to date and on the latest firmware.
Axe- 6.04, FC 1.09

Last edited:
I can confirm a bug here as well... I switched my setting to "switch up" and went and hit a hold function that changes a block channel. Instead of changing the block channel on release it switches to layout 1. There is no layout link defined. Switching back to "timeout" fixes the issue.

All current FW/SW versions.

I can confirm a bug here as well... I switched my setting to "switch up" and went and hit a hold function that changes a block channel. Instead of changing the block channel on release it switches to layout 1. There is no layout link defined. Switching back to "timeout" fixes the issue.

All current FW/SW versions.
Thanks for checking. Hope it gets fixed fast. I was really looking forward to this feature. It's an excellent idea and should be a simple fix.

I could be wrong but i dont think you can do that. Flanger chorus are 2 separate fx
You could toggle them using the multiplexer. But different fx for Tap and hold on the Same switch i think is a no
Now if I am wrong that would be cool as its a great feature

I'm trying to set Chorus 1 and Flanger 1 to the same button. Chorus being tap, and Flanger being hold.
When I hold the button, both the Chorus and the Flanger turn on. What am I doing wrong? I am using the new feature, "Switch up", switch on hold release, fwiw.

Edit
This is doing the same thing for any two functions I try to set a hold function up for.
Just tried it with tap Preset +1 and hold layout switch/change. It changed the preset and then switched the layout.
:(
Everything is up to date and on the latest firmware.
Axe- 6.04, FC 1.09

I use the SCENE preset Layouts. Try how i have S7 set-up, it does what your asking Tap On/Off for Chorus, Hold for Pitch, Hold to turn Pitch off.
S5S6S7S8
Layout2: SCENES2: SCENES2: SCENES2: SCENES
Switch Ring ColorDefaultDefaultDefaultDefault
TAP FUNCTION
CategoryEffectEffectEffectEffect
FunctionBypassBypassBypassBypass
EffectPhaser 1Flanger 1Chorus 1Delay 1
Mini-Display LabelLong Name +ChannelLong Name +ChannelLong Name +ChannelLong Name +Channel
HOLD FUNCTION
CategoryEffectEffectEffectEffect
FunctionChan ToggleChan ToggleBypassChan Toggle
EffectPhaser 1Flanger 1Pitch 1Delay 1
Primary ChannelAAAA
Secondary ChannelBBB C
Mini-Display LabelBoth ChannelsBoth ChannelsLong Name +ChannelBoth Channels

I could be wrong but i dont think you can do that. Flanger chorus are 2 separate fx
You could toggle them using the multiplexer. But different fx for Tap and hold on the Same switch i think is a no
Now if I am wrong that would be cool as its a great feature

You can switch between two different blocks with the same footswitch.

It's not working correctly for Tap/Tuner as well on default layouts.
On the front panel enter Setup/FC Controllers/Config, set "Hold function execute mode" to Switch up.
With this new setting turned off/TIMEOUT, I can switch between the Chorus and the Flanger on the same button but without accurate timing.
Switching with musical timing is the point of this new feature.

@Doubleneck See above.

Edit
I'm not having this problem. I just assigned Chorus1 bypass to switch 12 Tap, and Flanger1 bypass to switch 12 Hold. It's all working as it should.

I think you've got something misconfigured somewhere.

I'm not having this problem. I just assigned Chorus1 bypass to switch 12 Tap, and Flanger1 bypass to switch 12 Hold. It's all working as it should.

I think you've got something misconfigured somewhere.
With "Hold function execute mode" to Switch up? If so, any ideas as to what?
I've reset my layouts to default and would love to know how I can fix this if it's just user error.

On the front panel enter Setup/FC Controllers/Config, set "Hold function execute mode" to Switch up.
With this new setting turned off/TIMEOUT, I can switch between the Chorus and the Flanger on the same button but without accurate timing.

@Doubleneck See above.

Interesting i had no idea so in FC fc layout could you toggle between chorus flange and hold for phaser

Having 3 fx per switch ??

Is this something recently added

I just tried it with Hold Function Execute Mode" set to Switch Up. Bug verified and reported. Good catch.
Thank you for checking.

Interesting i had no idea so in FC fc layout could you toggle between chorus flange and hold for phaser

Having 3 fx per switch ??

Is this something recently added
Not 3, but you can do it with 2.
One for press, one for hold.

I don't see the "Hold function execute mode"... Is it available in AxeEdit or only through the front panel interface? Where can I find it (Preferably in Axe-Edit)? Thanks!

I don't see the "Hold function execute mode"... Is it available in AxeEdit or only through the front panel interface? Where can I find it (Preferably in Axe-Edit)? Thanks!

@Doubleneck See above.
Understand the problem now, mines doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom