Bug? Help debugging Blackglass b7k

Sorry for resurrecting this, but it was either that or make my own thread.

I bought myself a B7K Ultra v2 because the AxeFX model even as of FW16.05 doesn't sound right. I compared it against the real pedal and it still sounds pretty weak and not near the grittiness of the real deal. Is there a cookbook for this to get it sounding right?

If there is I can return the pedal and save €459

I bought myself a B7K Ultra v2 because the AxeFX model even as of FW16.05 doesn't sound right. I compared it against the real pedal and it still sounds pretty weak and not near the grittiness of the real deal. Is there a cookbook for this to get it sounding right?

It sounds a lot better on latest firmware than older firmware with the buggy model. I'm sticking to the plugin though since this model is far off from the actual pedal

+1

16.05 still sounds really quiet. I think the one modeled is based around the original B3K, so it might be accurate to that model (I don’t have one to verify against). Not sure what makes the 7K so different but it would be nice if we got that model someday.

+1

16.05 still sounds really quiet. I think the one modeled is based around the original B3K, so it might be accurate to that model (I don’t have one to verify against). Not sure what makes the 7K so different but it would be nice if we got that model someday.
Yeah... i submitted having an extra level boost added in the wish list. Apparently the low level matches the pedal cliff has, but its hard to use as it is.

Agh. Still not even close so I hope they revisit it.

Until then I just split signal into two paths and run everything above 250hz through a 5150 and the rest below 250 into a compressor. sounds SO good.

Im guessing this model was updated after FW updates stopped for the axe-fx 2? :(
The reference unit used was defective. We don't know yet if it was always that way or if it broke midway through the 2s lifecycle (if someone wants to go check afx2 firmware go ahead lol). Cliff made some changes in 16.05 which was also broken. He later fixed the broken pedal and redid the b7k model in 19.01 (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-that-blackglass-b7k-model.180821/). We currently have a proper, fully functional model

seriously guys, test the others od in the axe with your bass, you may be surprise .

80% of my bass patches are using guitar equipment on the Axe 3. I tried the b7k back when it was still the 'wrong' schem, but even after Cliff updated it, I stuck with a lot of guitar shit. Sounds great. Totally simple to get the guitar stuff to work on bass with a few knob turns. I don't need four tuning pegs pictured on every pedal icon to tell me it sounds good.

The reference unit used was defective. We don't know yet if it was always that way or if it broke midway through the 2s lifecycle (if someone wants to go check afx2 firmware go ahead lol). Cliff made some changes in 16.05 which was also broken. He later fixed the broken pedal and redid the b7k model in 19.01 (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-that-blackglass-b7k-model.180821/). We currently have a proper, fully functional model

Axe ii is ares right? I can’t keep track :(

80% of my bass patches are using guitar equipment on the Axe 3. I tried the b7k back when it was still the 'wrong' schem, but even after Cliff updated it, I stuck with a lot of guitar shit. Sounds great. Totally simple to get the guitar stuff to work on bass with a few knob turns. I don't need four tuning pegs pictured on every pedal icon to tell me it sounds good.
True . But at the same time some dedicated bass effects are done to not remove the low frequencies as some guitar effects do sometimes

Back
Top Bottom