Bug? Headroom meter stuck (16.02)

yyz67

Fractal Fanatic
I was tweaking a Dirty Shirley 2 (turning down Drive in Amp 2) to clean it up and the headroom meter got stuck at -1.2 dB with no input signal. If I delete Amp 1 block the issue goes away and the tone changes.

Preset attached.

III-16.02_DS2-headroom_bug.jpeg

Attachments

• III-16.02 Bug Dirty Shirley.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Nope, tho it worked fine as it was until I changed Drive.

Reporting it because it's weird and it seems like there's an additional hidden issue between Amp 1 and 2 as deleting Amp 1 makes it go away.

Nope, tho it worked fine as it was until I changed Drive.

Reporting it because it's weird and it seems like there's an additional hidden issue between Amp 1 and 2 as deleting Amp 1 makes it go away.
Did you tweak any parameters in the Speaker tab of the Amp block? Lowering the Xformer Hi Freq parameter or changing the Speaker Impedance Curve in the Speaker tab will fix the issue. Of course, resetting the Amp block will do it, too.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not stuck with the issue (there are workarounds) but reporting it as a bug so FAS can investigate if they wish.

Thanks. I'm not stuck with the issue (there are workarounds) but reporting it as a bug so FAS can investigate if they wish.
I was just pointing out that you don't have to delete Amp 1 to make it go away. Anyway, I asked if you created the preset from scratch because if it was created with an earlier firmware, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see an issue like this. But who knows, maybe it's not supposed to happen regardless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom