Bug? Has anyone been able to get a system backup to actually work?

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
I got my III back form Fractal today after sending it back for numerous issues including a loud fan & the unit I got back, a replacement unit, has a fan that is much louder than the one I sent in! I was trying to get my system backup to load so I can see if any of my other issues were resolved & I can't get it to load. Fractal Bot says it successfully transfers but no settings are changed from default after restarting the Axe. The unit I have now is on 1.07 & the backup was also 1.07. I tried loading 1.06 & sent the backup that was done under 1.06 & that didn't work either. Is this yet another defect in the III or has anyone been able to get this to work & if so, how???

Both, wanted to be sure I knew how to do it incase I really did need to do it at some point. Been reading and trying everything in the manual I come across.

Both, wanted to be sure I knew how to do it incase I really did need to do it at some point. Been reading and trying everything in the manual I come across.

Just wondering if you reset the system to default before you did the restore? If you didn't, how can you tell if it actually worked? Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to make sense out of something that should be very simple. All my system backups were made at the same time as preset backups & they are fine & do work so it's not an issue with a bad cable or something like that. Also, what is the file size of your system backup file? Mine is only 4k which makes me think there maybe a bug in Fractal Bot.

Just wondering if you reset the system to default before you did the restore? If you didn't, how can you tell if it actually worked? Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to make sense out of something that should be very simple. All my system backups were made at the same time as preset backups & they are fine & do work so it's not an issue with a bad cable or something like that. Also, what is the file size of your system backup file? Mine is only 4k which makes me think there maybe a bug in Fractal Bot.
What did you change from default that's not loading?

What did you change from default that's not loading?

All the midi CC#s to get the MFC to work, tuner offsets, I/O levels, output 1 & 2 set to +4 instead of -10, numerous other settings. Absolutely none of them are different from default after I load my system backup.

Can someone at Fractal check to see if there is a bug in Fractal Bot or the III? I tried running just the system backup alone & again, the file is only 4k!

All the midi CC#s to get the MFC to work, tuner offsets, I/O levels, output 1 & 2 set to +4 instead of -10, numerous other settings. Absolutely none of them are different from default after I load my system backup.

Just to be sure: did you actually reboot after restoring? That’s a requirement.

Just to be sure: did you actually reboot after restoring? That’s a requirement.

Yes, every time I tried it. I sent the files to Fractal support & they verified they were good. The only way it worked for me was to load firmware 1.08 & send the backup done under firmware 1.07. Maybe the warning to make sure your backup was done under the same firmware that you are running is left over from the II's.

Back
Top Bottom