BUG: Gate/Exp Block Y State resets

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I'm on the latest AX8 firmware revision, 1.01

The Y state of the Gate/Exp Block resets itself to a bizarre state upon any scene change. This state seems to actually be the Y default for the block:
  • Bypass Mode is set to Mute (not Thru)
  • Level is set to -30dB (essentially rendering the block inaudible)
  • Balance is set to -99 (hard panned)
I've tried to use the Y state of the Gate block in more than one preset. I've adjusted it to settings I needed, and then saved the preset. When I go to change scenes, the Y state settings have been lost and have been reset to the settings mentioned above.

I tested this and was able to recreate it with AX8-Edit active and with the USB cable unplugged (just to eliminate AX8-Edit as the culprit).

Additional bug: there is no way to adjust the Balance parameter on the Gate block from the AX8 itself; you have to do it in AX8-Edit. That's especially annoying since the default Y state of the Gate block is hard panned.

Okay I revisited this tonight.

I can't recreate the circumstance where the Gate Y block loses its settings upon scene change.

However, the Gate block Y state doesn't save its settings when you save the preset. I've confirmed this with multiple initialized presets in different slots.

Back
Top Bottom