Bug?? frequency change when solo is engaged in cab block when only using one cab?

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
I apologize if this was already explained, but I noticed this weird behavior today. When only using one cab (the other 3 are muted in the block) there is a tonal difference when the solo button is engaged. Seems like it should be the same since only one cab is being used. Prior to the don't do it answer, it matters when auditioning cabs.
I'm on Cygnus 16 monitoring through CLR using the newst axe edit which has already had refresh after firmware updated.

I'm not hearing or seeing any difference at all in this situation.

I recorded a DI via USB and then reamped it through a simple amp and cab preset twice to separate tracks, once with all but cab 1 muted and then again with the same plus cab 1 is Solo'd. I flipped the phase on one of the tracks while playing them both back together and they cancel out to silence, indicating they are identical signals.

Last edited:
I've been working in cabs over the last couple days and I haven't seen this or duplicated it.

The problem would have nothing to do with the version of Axe-Edit, as that's only an interface to the modeler, so that's out of the equation.

We can't see what your cab setup is from here, so you're going to need to share that preset with us if you want some educated answers.

I have had frequent experiences where the Solo and Mute indicators in Axe Edit do not accurately reflect the true state. Example, all blocks muted except one - no sound - mute and unmute a cab, now cab is audible. Doesn't seem to correspond to any particular firmware or Axe Edit version.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at the axefx screen to see if it's in agreement with what axe edit is saying. I'll see if it also does it on a factory preset and get back with you.

Back
Top Bottom