Bug? FM9 locks up (tempo LED doesn't even blink) while doing preset management via Manage Presets in FM9Edit

Just thinking if this might be the cause...could it be that copying/pasting more than one preset at a time doesn't target more than one user slot? That the firmware "thinks" you mean one slot, instead of separate slots?
When you select multiple presets, the target slot is where the first preset goes and the others follow sequentially.

For example, select presets 1-5. Drag to slot 21. The presets will go to 21-25.

Also, there are no "user slots" for presets - or rather, they are all user slots (depends on how you look at it, I guess). The units come with factory presets installed, but any preset can be changed, moved/copied to any other slot or deleted.

Now, IRs are a different story. ;)

When you select multiple presets, the target slot is where the first preset goes and the others follow sequentially.

For example, select presets 1-5. Drag to slot 21. The presets will go to 21-25.

Also, there are no "user slots" for presets - or rather, they are all user slots (depends on how you look at it, I guess). The units come with factory presets installed, but any preset can be changed, moved/copied to any other slot or deleted.

Now, IRs are a different story. ;)
Yup. I agree. But from observation, Joe tells us that he can't do just that with his FM9.

Personally, I experienced no problem copying/pasting individual presets to empty slots. What this tells me is that the FM9 returns an error message when trying to do this with multiple presets (that the Axe III can do).

The reason can only be a bug in the FM9 firmware, if Axe III can do the job with Manage Presets, and the FM9 can't.

Back
Top Bottom