bug? Delay with tempo set to relative

I have set two identical channels of delay, but one has the time set to 500ms and the other to 1/4 note @ 120bpm (which equals to exactly 500ms)
for some reason, to my ear, they dont sound/feel the same...
i prefer the one that is hard coded to 500ms.

anyone else notices this?

I have set two identical channels of delay, but one has the time set to 500ms and the other to 1/4 note @ 120bpm (which equals to exactly 500ms)

Which one seems faster?

im not sure if it's about the speed, in the one with 1/4 note settings, the dry and wet signal loose something, they are kind of degraded

Identical or exactly the same; each parameter, every page?

i copied two channels, they are identical, except for the time setting, one channel is set hard coded to 500ms, and the second channel is set to quarter note at 120bpm which is also 500ms
ideally i would prefer it to be set on 1/4 note, but i felt it sounded better when it was set on "none", which makes no sense

To answer your question, no, I don't notice a difference between using a subdivision or milliseconds. Did you try using the Looper block before the Delay block, play a chord and toggle between the channels? Wouldn't be the first time that playing dynamics affected the outcome of a 'test'.

I just went through several delays with channel C setup with 1/4 note at 120 bpm and channel D set to 500ms. Using both high and low feedback I could not tell a difference toggling between the two. Even at very high feedback settings, @ 80%, the repeats sounded exactly the same when toggling back and forth between the channels several times.

id you try using the Looper block before the Delay block, play a chord and toggle between the channels? Wouldn't be the first time that playing dynamics affected the outcome of a 'test'.
Try this. I hear no difference.

Back
Top Bottom