BUG? Defaults

simonp54

Experienced
A certain firmware has a set of "default" values for each block... for sake of explaination lets use an AMP block as an example.

e.g. for Firmware Q5 the "Class-A 30W TB" has a High Cut "default" of 5.00 (this is when an AMP block is placed on a new blank grid and reset using the "reset current effect type ctrl+i" feature)

I believe that when you "double click" on a parameter, it is supposed to revert to the "default" value. However when you do this (in this example) the High Cut is set to 0.00.

The choice of AMP block and High Cut parameter are purely for explanation, this happens on many (if not all) different parameters. (on some parameters it can appear to "work" as I expect but only because the Axe-Edit "default value" matches the "block reset default value")

Is this how the "double click" is intended to operate?

I am currently on 3.8.3 of Axe-Edit.

I have checked 3.9.0 exhibits the same behaviour. Can someone from the software team explain what is "expected functionality". It would be super useful if Axe-Edit was able to "double click" back to the "block reset default value".

Not a bug. Axe-Edit depends fully on the hardware. When defaulting a block it polls the hardware for the default data for the entire block. It doesn't work that way when defaulting a single parameter, for example within the AMP block. In that case Axe-Edit sets the parameter to a default value, which may not the default value for that specific amp model. That's just the way it is. To see what the specific value should be, just re-select the amp model / effect type.

Back
Top Bottom