[FIXED FW 7.01] Stand-In switches - Tuner

simonp54

Experienced
using stand in switch wont activate the tuner. but will perform other tasks like tap tempo. I can literally swap one configuration in the FC Controllers Switch setting and it will perform tap tempo, swap it to tuner... nothing.

latest firmware (7.00) and 1.09 on FCs.

BTW i have them (2xFC6) mirrored... but all seemed ok until i started using stand in switches.

it seems the only stand in switch function that doesn't work (i checked all the ones im using) is the tuner...

Can't reproduce. I've had a stand-in for tap tempo, hold tune since it was in beta and it's working just aces.

do you mean you used the FC button to test? If so, that won't re-create my OP. My tuner assignment on TAP works from the FC switch, but not a Stand in.
No. I used the stand-in external switch to test. Stand-in external switch is working great if it's setup for tap or hold to get to the tuner.

Edit: FC-6 here, not an FC-12.

Last edited:
I just tried this with an FC12 and it seems that with a stand in switch if TAP is assigned to Tuner and HOLD is unassigned it doesn't turn on the tuner. If HOLD is assigned to anything then the TAP tuner functionality works properly.

I just tried this with an FC12 and it seems that with a stand in switch if TAP is assigned to Tuner and HOLD is unassigned it doesn't turn on the tuner. If HOLD is assigned to anything then the TAP tuner functionality works properly.
OK so this sounds like my problem. Can you verify @iaresee ?

I seem to have this issue with not only the tuner but also reveal hold. Wondering if they are related. Thanks
They are related, yes. A lot of functions actually have two halves to them: one that executes when on the press of a switch and one when that executes on the release of a switch. A change inadvertently broke the press portion for stand-ins. It will be fixed in the next release of the Axe-Fx III firmware.

Back
Top Bottom