BUG: Block turns on by itself when using Wah

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
I'm using External 2 to control the wah and External 4 tot control the Formant.
Both use auto engage.
When using the wah, sometimes the formant is switched on.
When looking in AxeEdit, I see the value of the External 4 gone to maximum and so switching on the formant.

To be clear:
I use a button to switch my 3rd pedal between 4 different Ext's on the Axe-Fx:
  • Ext3 - Whammy
  • Ext4 - Formant
  • Ext5 - Speed (for rotary, tremoloes and such)
  • Ext6 - Delay Mix

Even when Whammy is selected (Ext3) the formant engages when using the Wah

Pedal connected to your RJM? If so, are you sure the problem is the Axe-Fx and not the RJM?

Yes.
And I'm not sure it's the AxeFx so I posted the same question on the RJM forum.
But I'm looking for a way to check the midi messages going to the Axe-fx

I had a similar problem yesterday, when looking to my wah block engaging when it was not supposed to. I cleared all the Ext. Controllers, but the wah was still engaging. I recalled the Controller List in Axe-Edit, saw that there still was one listed (that I couldn't see when looking at all the parameters in the block) , double clicked on it, put it to none. Put the Ext. controller I want to use for the wah, problem solved. Ghost controllers wandering at Christmas time???

Make sure you set the pedal with a bit of head room on the heel position (I am assuming that is your bypass position) this prevents accidental triggering of the effect. before I did this there would be times when I couldn’t get the pedal to bypass because the pedal couldn’t reach zero or 127 (bypass status).

Also, check for random occurring channel change assignments in the MIDI setup menu. I’ve seen this mapped more than once.

@skunc:
On the GT, my third pedal was selected to control the Whammy - Ext3.
So if any accidental triggering would occur, it would engage the Whammy.

No channel change assignments either.

I've established it's the Axe-fx.
I monitored with MidiOx and all CC's were sent on CC#12 (Ext 2)

Are the correct CC’s entered for the Externals in MIDI/Remote?

I've left everything as default.
So yes.
And the strange thing is, it doesn't always happen.
This morning I was stomping on the Wah for more than half an hour.
Everything worked fine.
This afternoon, after switching presets a couple of times to see if it occurred on other presets, suddenly it happened again.
And then agin it was fine for the rest of the afternoon.

I've left everything as default.
So yes.
And the strange thing is, it doesn't always happen.
This morning I was stomping on the Wah for more than half an hour.
Everything worked fine.
This afternoon, after switching presets a couple of times to see if it occurred on other presets, suddenly it happened again.
And then agin it was fine for the rest of the afternoon.

if you upload both your rjm and fractal presets/settings files we might be able to help, (though i won’t be at my studio before mondsy)

i feel like it’s about the mastermind, the latest editor have some bugs which i reported to RJM, they are fast on fixing issues.

This keeps happening.
I checked with MidiOx every time and the only CC-information being sent was CC#12 (WAH) nothing to activate the Multiplexer/Formant blocks.

Attachments

• Alnico II's.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom