Bug? Bias Excursion Time Doubles on FM9 vs AXE-III

Mott

Experienced
Not sure if this is just me or an issue, but I have noticed that when I compare amp settings between by FM9 and Axe-III the bias excursion time value on my FM9 is double the value on the Axe-III. If you do a channel reset, it will change to the value on the Axe3 but doing the refresh after firmware keeps the doubled value. The doubling shows both in FM9 Edit and on the front panel too, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the editor.

Running latest versions of both units (Fm9 2.0 beta and Axe 19.02 beta). I'm attaching screen shots. Both are factory presets and I have not altered them as far as I can tell since they were downloaded. I have noticed the same thing on some 3rd party presets as well but will not screen shot those.

Can anyone else verify this is happening or give me a solution other than resetting every amp?

AX3 Shiva.jpgFM9 Shiva.jpgAx3 USA.jpgFM9 USA.jpg

It might be a problem with the factory presets, because the default excursion time settings are the same on both modelers. I loaded the Shiver Clean and USA Clean and the excursion time had the same value as the Axe-Fx. There are definitely some wonky values in some of the factory presets, though. I haven’t played with them for quite a while, but I remember there being several higher gain patches where the room reverb time was set to ~20 seconds, which didn’t seem to be intentional.

What does the excursion time function do? Is it possible because you've got different tube types in the comparable presets there will be something different?

What does the excursion time function do? Is it possible because you've got different tube types in the comparable presets there will be something different?

The FM9 hasn't gotten the added tube types yet, but I don't think that is the issue because I just looked at the AC-20 on both units which have the same tube type and still have the doubling issue.

And yes, pedalbuilder I did run into those 20 second reverbs a couple of days ago on the FM9!

The FM9 hasn't gotten the added tube types yet, but I don't think that is the issue because I just looked at the AC-20 on both units which have the same tube type and still have the doubling issue.

And yes, pedalbuilder I did run into those 20 second reverbs a couple of days ago on the FM9!
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Have a great day.

Last edited:
Why? This looks like an issue with a few particular presets, not an issue with the firmware itself.
My bad after reading the title of the post I gathered it was an issue with the FW. I don't have an Axe III so I can only guess this is just these two presents that it's happening on? Not that it matters a great deal but given both FW versions are in bata the next question is which value is the correct one?

No--it happened with every factory preset I have checked so far and some of my 3rd party presets too (Freemen, Austinbuddy). Only this one parameter seems to be affected.

No--it happened with every factory preset I have checked so far and some of my 3rd party presets too (Freemen, Austinbuddy). Only this one parameter seems to be affected.
Sounds like a bug to me but I'm not a software engineer so take what I post with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom