Fixed BUG - Axe Fx2 Freezing

I installed Q6 last night right before a gig (never had any issues before) and halfway through the set, it completely locked up, no output or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Aside from the freezing, This firmware sounds incredible.

No.

You might want to consider that 'right before a gig' was not the best time to install new firmware. While it's as solid as FAS can make it, until you've vetted it with YOUR presets and configuration you cannot be fully sure. IMO.

Be scientific with it, and narrow down to 'patch, activity, etc' if it happens again.

Oh, and post in the bug section.

I've had the same problem about 100's times with fw's 2 and 3, and no issues with 4 and 5. Haven't gigged with 6 yet, but so far so good with no mfc connected

Yup. Had that issue once right after upgrading to Quantum 6. Tweaked with axe edit (latest version) and it froze up and had an endless beep. Shut it down and reboot after 5 secs and it was ok again. Then yesterday in the middle of a set i had that same prob again while trying to change ouput level of amp for couple of presets. Had to signal sound guy to mute my channel for a reboot. After that i re-update the firmware again. Let's hope it will nt happen again today...

I've had some issues since updating to Q6 and updating AXE Edit. I can't always repeat the problems but mostly I have been getting timeouts when doing backups with fractal bot. My Axe was crashing, restarting and locking up on the welcome screen. After turning power off and on everything works okay. I've tried different firmware versions but I think the problem lies in the USB driver or AXE edit. I am now using version 6 and just tried to do a backup. I had AXE edit opened and also opened fractal bot. about 20% through the first bank it timed out. This time my AXE didn't crash. I then closed axe edit and reopened fractal bot and did a successful backup. ???????

Mine (FX II XL with FW 6.01) has been freezing as well, but only when plugged into the USB. Does some weird cycling with the LED lights and ultimately will freeze all together. Unplugged it from the computer for several days and haven't noticed a problem. I cant seem to determine if it is USB or Axe-Edit.

I think it might have something to do with USB also. I haven't had the problem for a while but it would be when I had AXE EDIT opened and I think having Explorer or Edge at the same time. Don't know for sure. I know that some weird stuff happens when I am watching a youtube video I can turn the computers volume up and down using the volume on my AXE FX. This is odd because I don't use the AXE for my computer audio. I use an M-Audio card. My AXE is only plugged into the analog inputs of the audio card and the USB is used for connection to AXE Edit only.

Sounds like we have it setup the same. I just use the USB for AXE Edit and Fractal Bot. Sound is outputted into my mixer through analog outputs (which is my main soundcard). It was really getting progressively worse, especially with the last firmware. I'll check the volume thing though...
THANKS!

Several times the same problem with my AxeFXII XL but no USB connected, only midi & pedal1. Of course during concerts. Only way out is to restart, but man I hate so much this shut up big noise ! Never happened before for years. I suspect some corrupted presets. Some are CPU max 85%. On one of the suspects I put the reverb down to normal quality. It seems better, but very difficult to say, this happens very randomly. Anyway I'm losing some trust in this otherwise wonderful machine.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Seldom did I have freeze trouble...but lately since 6.0 , within the last 2 months : 4x ...., with and without USB connections. .....happened during switching / pushing buttons on the mfc101.....have to look deeper into it....leaving monday for 3 weeks touring :eek:

XL+ user.
Mine is freezing often while using Axe Edit. Specially while changing presets or importing new presets.
Hope that this issue will be solved soon.
Do you think that installing 6.02b firmware will help?
If so - where can it be downloaded from and what is the safest way to install it?
Thanks.

I don't know if this helps at all, but my axe fx II (Mark 1) froze for the first time EVER at rehearsal yesterday after installing 6.02. I was not changing patches, just playing.

Back
Top Bottom