Bug? AX8-Edit MIDI parameters don't immediately respond

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I was testing MIDI output to a MIDI Solutions Relay when I discovered this, so then I hooked a MIDI-to-USB up to my Mac instead to see what was going on in MIDI Monitor.

The AX8-Edit MIDI page PC parameters don't work until you first select a channel. The problem is, if you want to use Channel 1, you have to select a different channel first, and then reselect Channel 1. Until then, the MIDI PC selected for that scene will not fire. You can also first tweak the PC # parameter from the front panel, and then it will work in AX8-Edit. This has to be done for each scene, in each new preset.

Other interesting tidbits:
  • Once they actually work in AX8-Edit, while you are adjusting the MIDI PC #s for any scene, the PC will fire regardless of the active scene. It would be better if they fired only when the scene you're adjusting is active. That isn't a huge issue since it only applies when you are first setting up your MIDI scenes, but I'm not sure it was intended.
  • While AX8-Edit was in "fresh preset" mode and not able to send PCs, I would see MIDI CCs (yes, MIDI CCs) get sent out as I was trying to change various Scene PCs. This only worked while my MIDI Solutions Relay was plugged inline, so clearly its firmware was receiving something and getting confused. It's interesting - the CCs being sent matched the PC numbers I was selecting - this is not the MIDI Solutions Event Processor so it isn't expected behavior at all. But it seems this was a MIDI Solutions issue, not an AX8 issue.

Back
Top Bottom