Bug: abrupt volume drop when changing presets (intermittent)

I might be wrong but I had the impression that stability declined starting with Q9

The user base on this forum grows every day, and they keep selling more new AX8's every day, with many new users. It is entirely logical that there is no decline in stability, but instead just a larger number of users, and when you have more total users, you can see more reports of possible issues, even if the total instances are proportionally less than ever.

If you have 100 people use something and 1% report a problem in 6 months, we see 1 thread about an issue. If we have 10,00 users and 1% of users report an issue, we would see 100 users complaints and think there is suddenly a big issue as now it seems 'everyone' is posting about issues

Reactions: Rex
Any official response for this? This is a major bug imho that should be definitely solved.
Yes, would be nice to have an update on what is happening with this. Still on 6.04. Been waiting since the last major FW update to upgrade but this is well and truly making me stick on 6.04.
Was hit with the random bugs with the MFC 101 mk3 and the AxeFX Mk2 XL freezing up at gigs (Over XLR not ethernet). That was acknowledged as being looked into and then absolutely nothing.

Yes, would be nice to have an update on what is happening with this. Still on 6.04. Been waiting since the last major FW update to upgrade but this is well and truly making me stick on 6.04.
Was hit with the random bugs with the MFC 101 mk3 and the AxeFX Mk2 XL freezing up at gigs (Over XLR not ethernet). That was acknowledged as being looked into and then absolutely nothing.
6.04 is confirmed to not have the issue?

6.04 is confirmed to not have the issue?
I have no idea. Been using two AX8’s on the road for a couple of years now. Never had the issue and I don’t want it it either. It’s why I moved away from the mfc 101/Axefx xl pairing.
I have however missed out on improvements such as the gap when switching x/y amp states. Being eliminated. Although, I suspect that those changes will not be instant, just gapless.

I have however missed out on improvements such as the gap when switching x/y amp states. Being eliminated. Although, I suspect that those changes will not be instant, just gapless.
hmm. there is still a purposeful audio gap for XY Amp switching. i don't think that was stated to be eliminated at any time. source?

hmm. there is still a purposeful audio gap for XY Amp switching. i don't think that was stated to be eliminated at any time. source?
Well, I don't know. I didn't upgrade. The consensus on here at the time were saying that the gap was now pretty much seamless.
Anyway, none of this is addressing the issue that there seems to be a serious bug in the latest FW.

It still happens to my every day once or twice. After it happened a slight turn of the out1 volume knob restores the former volume level. Its a desaster when it happens live, especially when your monitor signal comes from out2, so you never know whether you are still on foh or not. I don't understand why there is no fix for this bug, the AX8 is one of the most expensive pedals out now and this bug makes it almost unusable for live gigging.

I’ve never had it happen during a gig, or any time without USB attached. Just finished a run of eight shows in ten days with no problem.

I use mine several times weekly for 4 hours at a time at gigs and it hasn’t happened at all since day 1. That’s part of the reason it can’t be fixed - we can’t make it happen. And we really haven’t gotten any videos or concrete steps to make it happen.

That’s part of the reason it can’t be fixed - we can’t make it happen. And we really haven’t gotten any videos or concrete steps to make it happen.

There a ways to deal with this kind of bugs but it takes time and money. The first problem to solve is to automatically gather data that could help a post-mortem analysis. Then learn from the problem occurrences, add test cases and optimize the data gathered. Keep repeating the loop until the box goes out of service.

videos? anyone? preferably BEFORE it happens.

if some are having it happen so frequently, i imagine they can start recording video, do things to make it happen, and capture it happening.

what i'd really like to see is what people are doing to make it happen. i don't really need detail of the screen itself. but just a clear view of what you're pressing or doing.

Last edited:
what i'd really like to see is what people are doing to make it happen. i don't really need detail of the screen itself. but just a clear view of what you're pressing or doing.
For me, when it happens, it's always immediately after a preset change.

Back
Top Bottom