Buffers in front of the Input?

With a wireless front vs rear is pretty much indistinguishable. Your wireless is preventing your from taking advantage of the variable input impedance magic that's on the front input.
I didn't know that. Interesting. My other wireless broke, so I just purchased a Shure GLXD wireless for my rig (after reading a few good things about it in searches here) and never even considered the rear input. Will have to see if that's an easier wiring option when I put it in the rack.

I have my wireless plug into a double sided 1/4" pass-thru style connector in a blank rack panel below my Axe. I then have a little 4" right angle male/male patch cable that goes between the Axe front input and the pass through jack.

If I'm at home and just using a normal cord, I unplug the patch cable and plug right in, when I use the wireless, I use the patch cable.

Always figured this is a bit easier than having to go into the menu and select front vs rear input. Also makes my blank panel look a little cooler having a cord attached.

If nothing else, people can't say I"m faking it because they see my rack sitting there with no cord in the clearly labeled front input jack LOL

Okay so we can say as a rule if you use any pedals that are buffered before the axe or any kind of buffer, rear and front sound exactly the same?

Good to know that I can use the rear then, as it's a cleaner setup for me.

I use an old VHT Valvulator buffer in front of the Axe. I compared with and without it, and I liked what it sounded like with it. I always loved what it did in front of my amps, so I was kind of happy it's still providing value. :) I replaced the 12AX7 with a 12AT7 to keep it as clean as possible...

Not all pedals work well there. I have some fuzz pedals that really don't sound great if they're fed by a buffered source instead of guitar pickups directly.

I think FF pedals are a special breed. I can't think of any other kind of pedal that it matters for the same way. I didn't think the OP's pedal was that kind.

Is there any way to run out pedals in the effects loop of the axe FX at instrument level? Or line level only?

Back
Top Bottom