budget FRFR ques

chrisjnyc

Power User
What is the cheapest FRFR amp\speaker that is usable? Figure $300 would be my max budget (new or used) I have an Alto and ZLX, but my band sometimes uses a 2nd rehearsal studio, where I dont have anything to play thru. This would also serve as a backup FRFR...

Keyboard amp?
I am thinking the Alto TS210 is going to be hard to beat at $250 shipped... of course they are out of stock everywhere now.

If you already know and like the Alto's they would be tough to beat for the price, though you could of course probably find a deal on the older TS series and get them even cheaper

I'm not sure if the new TS2 series are just cosmetic (they certainly do look better) or some function too

In my experience,

The Alto TS112A sounds good, but the ZLX12P sounds better. It's worth spending the extra money for the ZLX12P...

I know it isn't the ZLX series, I have been running a pair of the EV ZXA1's (8inch woofer) and couldn't be happier. They aren't boomy on the bottom end [which i thought the EV's with the 12s sounded], although some say they sound boxy, but a quick trip down the global eq and that can be dialed out in swift order ... and the compact size and 19lbs just makes it so much easier ... I was getting those from ProAudioStar as factory B stocks for $370 each, with free shipping ...

I'm gonna 2nd the Alto's.. I preferred my old cheap and nasty Alto Elvis 10A's to my CLR that I had!! There's something about those Alto's that make them exceptional value for money, and the tone/sound they deliver is actually pretty darn good.. You get what you pay for; and with Alto it's pretty good.

Any 200-350$ EV powered speaker is just fine. I had a pair of Mackies that ruled too, then I spent the money on the good shit. But I will wholeheartedly join the Alto bandwagon. Killer bang for the buck ratio, super cheap, pretty light and a solid frfr option for tyat price point. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom