Budget bass rig?

chrisjnyc

Power User
How can I get some serious bass thump without a killer PA... we dont have subs. I have a Fender Rumble amp and an Ampeg 2x10 cab. Should I be looking at a decent power amp? Would an Alto TS212 work for bass? I have only heard it being used with guitars and AX8\Axe Fx

I have a 2x10 cab... would a SWR head work?
The Redhead is a combo amp, but AFAIK it does have the ability to drive an external cab. Our bassist used one live, just the combo alone, no external cab. That was years ago, so I don't remember in particular about "thump," but it was loud nevertheless (he has since switched to GK). How big is your budget?

Alternately, have you thought about investing in a sub (or two) for the band PA? Not only would it benefit your bass, but the drums (and keyboards if applicable) as well.

I bought a used Hartke 1x15 Kickback combo amp that I really got some miles out of.

I got loud but not my definition of *serious* thump :) But on a budget it's gonna be hard to get enough power and enough speakers for serious low end; enough to keep up with a FOH PA.

Back
Top Bottom