Budda's sludgey/doomish 19.05 preset

Budda

Axe-Master
Hey fractalites,

I decided to tweak my AD200 based preset and try the FAS Bass and focus on drive pedals (4 scenes).

You may want to turn down before loading up, even though the amp is at -26 on this one. Hope you like reverb ;)

quick clip of each scene:

Attachments

• III-FAS Sludge.syx.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hey fractalites,

I decided to tweak my AD200 based preset and try the FAS Bass and focus on drive pedals (4 scenes).

You may want to turn down before loading up, even though the amp is at -26 on this one. Hope you like reverb ;)

quick clip of each scene:

This rips! It’s crazy how easy it is to dial in a fantastic vintage/classic rock/djent tone on the AxeFX III but I have the most difficulty dialing in fuzzy stoner doom guitar tones. This is pretty great and right up my alley!

This rips! It’s crazy how easy it is to dial in a fantastic vintage/classic rock/djent tone on the AxeFX III but I have the most difficulty dialing in fuzzy stoner doom guitar tones. This is pretty great and right up my alley!
Im glad it helps! If you want less “woof” to the tone, dial the mids back to 4 or 5 in the amp block (mostly for scenes 1 and 4). If you want a vintage fuzz kind of sound, simply turn off the drive and dime the gain.

Im glad it helps! If you want less “woof” to the tone, dial the mids back to 4 or 5 in the amp block (mostly for scenes 1 and 4). If you want a vintage fuzz kind of sound, simply turn off the drive and dime the gain.
Just tried your tips. Sounds even MEANER! Thanks so much for sharing this man! I've been searching for this tone in the digital realm for quite some time.

Love it. Thanks for this one. This has been my favorite preset for the past couple weeks. I like turning up bit reduce on the bender to about 11.

So I played around in the cab block in 20.01 and I'm enjoying this updated version quite a bit.

Let me know your thoughts!
How do you feel this compares to the Model T sound you were aiming for? I came across your thread from 2020 while trying to do my own research on Model T presets, etc. lol

How do you feel this compares to the Model T sound you were aiming for? I came across your thread from 2020 while trying to do my own research on Model T presets, etc. lol
I dont know exactly how a model T sounds as I’ve only been in the room with a copy once. The first version I made is probably more sputtery with more high end than the real thing, but that was the mood I was going for. Basically just a variety of wall of sound ideas that are at least a starting point. I didnt look up model T clips or specific bands before I made it. Still hoping we get a model T or dean costello amplification model, but we will see.

I may try to see how close I can get to new cave in (HP was mostly a dean costello) but a large part of any of that is the bass tone as well.

Back
Top Bottom