Bryan Beller gear stolen!

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I read about this on Facebook and shared the article with all my friends.

Thought I would post it here. Bryan is 1/3rd of The Aristocrats and also Joe Satriani's current bassist, and he's a pretty cool dude. I got the chance to interact with him at The G4 Experience in 2015.

Here's the link:

Let's see if we can help get his gear back!

EDIT:

Here is Bryan's write-up on how things have turned out so far. Thieves apprehended and arrested... Most gear not recovered.

Interesting read:

http://www.bryanbeller.com/cms/index.php?page=lob45storagewars

Last edited:
I once had my favorite guitar stolen as well, I hope he gets his back. What is the actual recovery rate for such relatively known stolen gear though?

Yeah saw the aristocrats in Cincinnati, was walking to the venue and happened to walk past their van, and Guthrie slid down in the seat very awkwardly and pretended we weren't standing there (there were 2 of us, me and my son), and BB ran to the door of the venue and kept looking back at us like were were going to jump him, frantically beating on the door of the venue. Then during the gig, he was pointing out people to security to make them stop taking pictures. Keep in mind this was the Mad Frog, some shitty dive club that probably stood 200, probably 100 people there.

The whole thing soured me to the point I wont even listen to their music. There was no crowd, there was no mob, would have taken 10 seconds to say hey.

Yeah saw the aristocrats in Cincinnati, was walking to the venue and happened to walk past their van, and Guthrie slid down in the seat very awkwardly and pretended we weren't standing there (there were 2 of us, me and my son), and BB ran to the door of the venue and kept looking back at us like were were going to jump him, frantically beating on the door of the venue. Then during the gig, he was pointing out people to security to make them stop taking pictures. Keep in mind this was the Mad Frog, some shitty dive club that probably stood 200, probably 100 people there.

The whole thing soured me to the point I wont even listen to their music. There was no crowd, there was no mob, would have taken 10 seconds to say hey.
Wow. That sucks...

Guthrie is a strange duck... He sat at breakfast with us one morning. Very quiet, very humble... But he seems to have a real thing about being video recorded or even having performance pics. I think he feels like it takes away from the art.

We were told specifically not to take pics or videos during his workshops.

In any event, all three guys were amiable and seemed pretty casual the whole time. All had great stories and insight and were enjoying the experience.

Sorry you had a bad experience :(

In their defense, with current events of the past year, I can't say I blame them, for being unsocial. I mean these guys are probably wondering if it is going to be their last gig, is someone going to gun them down? Or the crowd for that matter. I'm sure it wasn't personal, probably just being careful and a little sketched, at the same time. The days of casual hanging with fans is growing cold, which I HONESTLY HOPE CHANGES, soon. Or maybe he is a dick, I don't know, just a thought.

http://www.bryanbeller.com/cms/index.php?page=lob45storagewars

THIS IS AN AMAZING STORY!! MUST READ BRYAN TELLS THE STORY OF CHASING THE THIEVES

Was very intriguing and heart breaking at the same time!

Doesn't it always seem like thieves like this have no real idea what they are stealing and often pawn off things, like valuable instruments, for practically nothing?
Thereby soul crushing the victim through their loss and simultaneously not even making any money off the stuff anyway :(

I wonder if he has had any luck in locating any of his basses. Man I would torture those bastards until they coughed up the info. Waterboarding is in order!

Back
Top Bottom