Great job Mark. And thanks for the support.

Just a suggestion... raise the level of the backing track. The guitar is standing out too much in your demos, IMHO.

Hi Mark,
Sorry I’m new to this but I though you sounded great and just wondered is this available to download?
Thanks Martin
Thanks Martin, if you follow @Moke link it will take you to his website where he has a number of presets, all the ones I’ve tried sound great, I’d recommend getting any of them.

Thanks again

Does that preset have a scene for lead and does the tone sound like the lead in this song?

Yes it does have a scene for the lead bit, I use the scene for the solo near the end of the song.
It is similar sound but slightly different I think. I will be making my own preset for that song soon, I will put it on here once I've done it.
I do highly recommend getting this preset from @Moke though, it sounds fantastic.

Cool thanks Mark.

If you're going to create a preset for It's Only Love, here's a post from Keith Scott where he details his rig. The Reckless album was recorded March 1984 so according to what he's saying here he used a 100 watt Marshall (looks like a JCM 900 or JCM 800) in the studio. So the It's Only Love track should have that amp, or possibly a 50 watt Marshall as he states. Not sure which cab. He doesn't detail his pedals from the 80's era, but it looks like a Tubescreamer TS9 has been consistently there, and a TC Electronics delay, and a Boss Chorus, possibly a Boss Compressor. He was almost definitely playing a strat on that track. Not sure what kind of pick ups.

Facebook post from Keith:

Cool thanks Mark.

If you're going to create a preset for It's Only Love, here's a post from Keith Scott where he details his rig. The Reckless album was recorded March 1984 so according to what he's saying here he used a 100 watt Marshall (looks like a JCM 900 or JCM 800) in the studio. So the It's Only Love track should have that amp, or possibly a 50 watt Marshall as he states. Not sure which cab. He doesn't detail his pedals from the 80's era, but it looks like a Tubescreamer TS9 has been consistently there, and a TC Electronics delay, and a Boss Chorus, possibly a Boss Compressor. He was almost definitely playing a strat on that track. Not sure what kind of pick ups.

Ah thanks mate!! I will have a closer look at that, nice one!
I guess it would of been a JCM800 as I think the JCM900 didn’t come out until the late 80’s/early 90’s.
I have started tinkering around but have nothing set in stone yet.
Thanks again mate.

Cool thanks Mark.

I saw Keith in concert recently and both he and Brian (plus the bass player ) were using Fractal or similar - no amps on stage.

I just met Keith Scott backstage at a local venue and got to spend a half hour talking to him One on one.

He is not using fractals or anything like that at all. Its a couple of old marshalls with a traditional pedalboard.

63 strat as his main guitar with a reverse wound pick up in the middle thats wired to act like a humbucker when in use with the bridge pickup.

He also said he uses a Klon for everything in the studio.

The tone is just incredible live.

Back
Top Bottom