Bryan Adams - "Run To You" Preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, i was asked by someone about my Run To You preset that i made for my AX8, he wanted it for his FM3 so i converted to my Axe-Fx III then i had to adjust a few bits and then i converted to the FM3, i have no idea if this will work so if someone could try it on their FM3 and let me know i'd appreciate it.

Anyway this video is me playing it on my AX8.

Attachments

• MP B Adams - Run To You(FM3).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 269
Hey Mark... It comes over onto the FM3 with the CPU high and with no cabs. I threw in a cab and cut the Reverb quality and it sounds pretty convincing.
Oh really! I think i used 2x12 Celestion Blue for the clean and maybe a 412 Greenback for the lead, i can check later if you like. I'm glad it sounds ok though. Cheers!

Nice preset. I tried it on my axe-fx iii and used the 4x12 Greenback mix for the clean / intro and the 4x12 Creamback mix for the lead. changes attached, I also brought the lead section down in level some to match the intro a bit better for me.

I will add that I liked the tone the proximity setting did on the cabs to bring it more to the original tone in my ears for my monitors, but I was also able to go back after this version and dial a similar tone in with the bass and depth settings on the amp.

Attachments

• 388_MP B Adams - Run To You.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hi all, i was asked by someone about my Run To You preset that i made for my AX8, he wanted it for his FM3 so i converted to my Axe-Fx III then i had to adjust a few bits and then i converted to the FM3, i have no idea if this will work so if someone could try it on their FM3 and let me know i'd appreciate it.

Anyway this video is me playing it on my AX8.

Mark that sounded great. I was just picking that song and came across your video man that is a very cool song.
You sound great.:D

I just received my FM3 and tried this one out as well as the mod that I made. Both sound pretty awesome!

Also going through the stock presets it looks like 288 Run Like Heck does pretty good for the intro and possibly even the lead portions on the FM3

Thanks for the share. I will download. I've wondered how someone would approach the programming of the lead harmonies since it sort of "changes keys" or it is kind of mixolydian "ish" midway through the solo, but it might not matter to the Axe if you just program standard intervals without taking the key into account?

Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Gems like this are why I bought the FM3.

edit: I just tried this preset, it pegs the CPU into high 80s, making a warning message come up. There's no sound. What's the first thing I should look to change?

Last edited:
Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Gems like this are why I bought the FM3.

edit: I just tried this preset, it pegs the CPU into high 80s, making a warning message come up. There's no sound. What's the first thing I should look to change?
Lower the reverb quality

Back
Top Bottom