Bryan Adams and Keith Scott!

I saw him at the Majestic Theatre some years ago in San Antonio. He started off playing and singing solo on the piano. The band kicked in so many songs in. I couldn't believe how great a show it was. All those song brought me right back to being a teenager. He still sings so well!

My band has a big fan who's very much into Bryan Adams - she just saw the opening show in Vegas last week and came back to celebrate her birthday with a big party of folks at our show last Saturday. We worked up (parts of) 5 Bryan Adams tunes in our set for her. Such great songwriting, playing, and production.

Bryan's warm-up lick for Cuts Like a Knife is some of the best P90 tone I've ever heard.

Making me drool over possibilities for G.O.T. '23!

Such great artists!! It is mind blowing that we have such a powerful tool at our disposal that even the top guns are amazed by!

Well deserved FAS!!

Sometime in 1989 I actually wrote Keith Scott a letter asking about how he got his tone because I liked it so much. I was completely blown away when I received these three pages! of hand-written notes about his gear from him. What generosity, Canadians Rock.

Keith Scott.jpg

His tone is something else, this is quite an endorsement having Keith Scott use Fractal.

Congratulations.

Sometime in 1989 I actually wrote Keith Scott a letter asking about how he got his tone because I liked it so much. I was completely blown away when I received these three pages! of hand-written notes about his gear from him. What generosity, Canadians Rock.

View attachment 115563

His tone is something else, this is quite an endorsement having Keith Scott use Fractal.

Congratulations.
Can you give us a brief synopsis?

Can you give us a brief synopsis?

Sure, from 1989 ... he used a stock '59 strat with a maple neck as his main guitar, the only change was fret replacement to Dunlop Jumbos. His amp was built and designed by a San Franciscan named Jim Palermo who was a Hiwatt amp distributor at the time. He took a basic 50 watt Hiwatt's preamp section and incorporated a Vox AC 30's power amp for the power section. His pedal-board was a "Bradshaw" switching system about which Scott said the components used to match line levels were extremely high quality and this was a significant part of the tone he was getting. He used Celestion G12k - 85s, one in his main combo amp, and two in each of his effects cabinets. The main combo amp was run completely dry except for an Ibanez tube screamer.

This is from 1989 so I'm assuming it is okay to share this information. He did share it with a 'nobody' ( me ) after-all, that's why I went ahead with this.

As a p.s. he mentioned he was a Holdsworth fan also, so I must have mentioned him as one of my favorite players.

Sure, from 1989 ... he used a stock '59 strat with a maple neck as his main guitar, the only change was fret replacement to Dunlop Jumbos. His amp was built and designed by a San Franciscan named Jim Palermo who was a Hiwatt amp distributor at the time. He took a basic 50 watt Hiwatt's preamp section and incorporated a Vox AC 30's power amp for the power section. His pedal-board was a "Bradshaw" switching system about which Scott said the components used to match line levels were extremely high quality and this was a significant part of the tone he was getting. He used Celestion G12k - 85s, one in his main combo amp, and two in each of his effects cabinets. The main combo amp was run completely dry except for an Ibanez tube screamer.

This is from 1989 so I'm assuming it is okay to share this information. He did share it with a 'nobody' ( me ) after-all, that's why I went ahead with this.

As a p.s. he mentioned he was a Holdsworth fan also, so I must have mentioned him as one of my favorite players.
So we should try an AC30 with a Hiwatt preamp, yes? Since we can't swap in different power amps.

He really does have great tones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom