Brussels today...

Impossible to stop folks who are willing to blow themselves up. You can obviously have success thwarting some of it, but it's here to stay unfortunately............all efforts must continue to be made to minimize this insanity though of course.

Israel seems to be quite effective at stopping a large fraction of such folks, but their methods are not very politically correct, so EU would rather collapse than adopt anything similar.

Impossible to stop folks who are willing to blow themselves up.
I think it's not about those who are willing to blow themselves up. It's all about those who indoctrinate those people the way that they are willing to do such things in the name of religion.

It's not about being muslim, it's about being radical and twisted in the area of understanding own religion. ANY religion - you'd be surprised how sick twisted some catholics can be... trust me, I live in Poland :fearscream:

It's scary and very sad. Thinking about my friends and all the people living in Brussels.

And yes of course you must protect yourself but you must not at the same time supply fuel to such acts.

If just the hardline and acting like Israel and the US is proposed this is a thread that gets very very political and I don't think it's what FAS allows.

My thoughts are for the victims.

I live in Paris. So I feel like we were struck again...

I don't think doing what Israël is doing is an efficient solution (worked there for a year in haifa in 2006). Look at what happens now with people using knifes and cars to attack out of despair.

Though we probably don't cooperate enough as Europeans. We need a coordinated police and intelligence agency as said an expert on the news. It won't stop everything. Risk is a part of life. And freedom is too valuable to reduce it out of fear. I am not very convinced by the state of emergency now in France...

<3 Bruxelles

Think about it this way, you guys (by "you" I mean France and Belgium) didn't even do anything to these punks and you got attacked. Israel lives right next to them and pokes them with a sharp stick all the time, and they are _still_ able to manage the threat quite well, considering. By that metric, their ways of threat management are working extremely well. I'm sure a suspicious middle eastern looking dude at an Israeli airport would be taken down so hard and fast, the airports aren't really a worthwhile target anymore.

As a french guy, I can say the one thinking "it's rare and only happenning to others" is the craziest one...
I was at a live concert in paris just before november, and the bataclan striked me even more than it could.
Our airports are basically big big crowded halls with no control until customs...In the current events it's completely absurd.
I don't want a totalitarian country, but hell, why do we not use technology to secure our public spaces ?

I think it's not about those who are willing to blow themselves up. It's all about those who indoctrinate those people the way that they are willing to do such things in the name of religion.

It's not about being muslim, it's about being radical and twisted in the area of understanding own religion. ANY religion - you'd be surprised how sick twisted some catholics can be... trust me, I live in Poland :fearscream:

All religions are f'd up. All isms, too.

Back
Top Bottom