AFIII Brown Sound

the secret sauce that nobody ever talks about is the D120 speaker. drop one in with the greenbacks. it gives that sizzle you were looking for with the raw ir's, but much more authentic, imo. first two albums he was using 4x12's with greenbacks and D120's. i've done it on my eddie preset and it sounds incredible.

4x12 D120 (from the legacy folder)

@simeon I'm curious .... Are you running them straight up, or have you reduced the level of the D120 at all ?

THANKS !

@simeon I'm curious .... Are you running them straight up, or have you reduced the level of the D120 at all ?

THANKS !

i'm running
basketweave tv mix
ownhammer 412 celestion G12M
legacy 412 D120
legacy 412 tv mix #1

all at 100%
all with some low cut in the cab block

i'm using the 1959 slp treble, with pretty much all the same tweaks as burgs
everything on 10 in the preamp, except drive on 6.5
6CA7's in the power section
variac on 75%
412 brit greenback in the speaker page with some speaker compress
i have the fat switch off
instead of the echoplex in front, i just have a peq with some low cut and a bump in the mids at 620hz and output level at 3db

Last edited:
I have the ownhammer GNR Cab pack but when I try and load a cab in through axe edit there's nothing there, Do the own hammer cab packs need to be converted or something

I don't think that this is a factory cab ? Do you know which OH pack it's from, as well as the full description ?
yeah, it's not a factory cab. it's a mix from one of their old packs. i can't remember which one. the factory cabs have a plethora of greenbacks, so i would say just find one you like. maybe use one of the ones that burgs used in his video.

I have the ownhammer GNR Cab pack but when I try and load a cab in through axe edit there's nothing there, Do the own hammer cab packs need to be converted or something
Nope, just make sure you are using the 48k files, drop them into the manage cabs window, and enjoy.

Nope, just make sure you are using the 48k files, drop them into the manage cabs window, and enjoy.
I bought the GNR cab pack as .wav files and converted them with Cab-lab as usual. You'll need to do the same if you don't have them in syx format.

I bought the GNR cab pack as .wav files and converted them with Cab-lab as usual. You'll need to do the same if you don't have them in syx format.
I just drag and drop the .WAV impulse responses into the left window pane of the “Manage Cabs” tool in FM3-Edit/Axe-Edit, then drag them into the desired cab slot. Eliminates the need to use Cab Lab. 👍

I just drag and drop the .WAV impulse responses into the left window pane of the “Manage Cabs” tool in FM3-Edit/Axe-Edit, then drag them into the desired cab slot. Eliminates the need to use Cab Lab. 👍
I like doing it in bulk, Ruso, to make cab experimenting faster, which Cab-lab does quickly.

Waking up early is usually not a good thing. Today, however, is an exception. This is great stuff. Thanks for all your work Burgs! I need to knock out the cobwebs with a couple cups of coffee and then I'm off to load this up and give it a run with the EVH Frankie.

Back
Top Bottom