AFIII Brown Sound

A/B the tone with and without the variac, sag, speaker compresson, gain enhancer settings and you have a perfect example of what Cygnus is capable of. Not only does this sound like an absolute monster, but the feel is unreal. God I love this thing. What an absolute joy to play though.

Last edited:
the secret sauce that nobody ever talks about is the D120 speaker. drop one in with the greenbacks. it gives that sizzle you were looking for with the raw ir's, but much more authentic, imo. first two albums he was using 4x12's with greenbacks and D120's. i've done it on my eddie preset and it sounds incredible.

4x12 D120 (from the legacy folder)

Last edited:
Using two PEQ blocks, I was able to dial in a fairly flat equivalent. Here's the tonematch result when I compare my EQs to the IR:
Axe-Edit III 2021-07-21 17-15-35.png

Here's the first EQ:
1626902177433.png
Here's the second EQ:
1626902204473.png

You'd might think you need to add something else to handle those differences we see below 100 Hz and above 10k, but when I use my EQs in front of one amp and the IR in front of a second amp, the tone match looks like this:
1626902418143.png

Using two PEQ blocks, I was able to dial in a fairly flat equivalent. Here's the tonematch result when I compare my EQs to the IR:
View attachment 86321

Here's the first EQ:
View attachment 86322
Here's the second EQ:
View attachment 86323

You'd might think you need to add something else to handle those differences we see below 100 Hz and above 10k, but when I use my EQs in front of one amp and the IR in front of a second amp, the tone match looks like this:
View attachment 86324
Any chance you could post the block library for this? Or could you post the Q parameters? Thanks!

View attachment 86321

Here's the first EQ:
View attachment 86322
Here's the second EQ:
View attachment 86323

View attachment 86324

Thank you for the EQ settings.

With the Echoplex TAPE IR I do not notice any difference, but with these two PEQ blocks I do :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom