Brown Sound Effects Video

5150, great job! One question, if I may. Why did you end up with two delay blocks on your vid? I never heard you talk about setting up a second one. Maybe I just spaced during that section of your video?? Just curious if we missed an intended nugget. ;)

Cheers,

Lee

5150, great job! One question, if I may. Why did you end up with two delay blocks on your vid? I never heard you talk about setting up a second one. Maybe I just spaced during that section of your video?? Just curious if we missed an intended nugget. ;)

Cheers,

Lee

Yes! I wondered if someone was going to notice that at the end. I recorded several other bits at the same time, but they didn't make it into the final edit. For example, there is another delay used in Atomic Punk for the solo -- you get that "smearing" quality of that solo -- and I was trying to include that in this video as well. That said, while I have much love and respect for Ed's playing, writing -- and tones -- I simply cannot f'ing play like him! :-D So, trying to demo that part was taking too much time and so decided to try to include in the third video.

For those curious, you can slap a digital mono delay in front of the amp sim, at 290 ms (or thereabouts), and the mix set down in the 6-10% range. That will approximate that dirty "smearing" sound on the Atomic Punk solo.

And as always, thanks for the kind words.

Ah, I wondered if it was an added piece that ended up deleted. Seemed the most plausible. Haha, I know what you mean about Ed's playing. Me, too! That's cool that you're planning a third video, and I truly look forward to see what you'll have for us.

I'll toss in that extra delay and play around with it. Thanks for the brief but valuable roadmap for that, too.

Lee

5150, great job! One question, if I may. Why did you end up with two delay blocks on your vid? I never heard you talk about setting up a second one. Maybe I just spaced during that section of your video?? Just curious if we missed an intended nugget.

Cheers,

On the edn of the vid he says's he's doing a third video and will do some more Delay blocks - that's probably what it is........

Graet VIdeos - keep em comming - very educational :eagerness:

Outstanding bro. You could quit your day job and do this. ;) Keep up the great work! Look forward to video #3 and many more.

Outstanding bro. You could quit your day job and do this. ;) Keep up the great work! Look forward to video #3 and many more.

LOL! Thank you, that's very kind. I think my wife would have something to say about leaving my day job. :)

Honestly, I have no idea what other sounds I would tackle in future videos. Ideas?

Great job ! thank you for posting, I used this and made my own EVH patch, was very informative. I love the non traditional way you got there, i.e. deep EQ cuts and IR's that really don't seem like the right choice. Just a fantastic job and why this forum kicks ass. I struggled getting a phase 90 sound I liked until I saw this.

I would like to hear you do something from the first Badlands record, and the first lynch mob record.

Delay on Ain't talking about love. Sounds like a quick slap that falls between the notes. It sounds distant though. I haven't been able to get it right. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Honestly, I have no idea what other sounds I would tackle in future videos. Ideas?

I see that you match an Andy Timmons tone on your youtube channel......how's about doing a tone/effects video for Electric Gypsy.

Also how's about just dialing in the tones/effects of popular rock songs that you love & that you figure many folks have trouble getting just right. Especially when it comes to the delay/verb settings......

Thanks!

LOL! Thank you, that's very kind. I think my wife would have something to say about leaving my day job. :)

My favorite other EVH tones are Girl Gone Bad, Drop Dead Legs, 5150 and Summer Nights. Any help with those would be great!

My favorite other EVH tones are Girl Gone Bad, Drop Dead Legs, 5150 and Summer Nights. Any help with those would be great!

Totally agree with those choices, & add Women In Love, Here About It Later, So This Is Love & Mean Street while you're at it! lol

Very very well done I cant play Eddie either some of it perhaps but I never could get the sound down just exactly right.
a lot of time and hype has passed since Texas Jam 1 but this cuts the mustard.
great Job

I think you should just work through each recording vh 1 vh2 ect

Perhaps in the next videos you might touch on the harmonizer.

harmonizer was H3000 pitch A was 3% down 0.997
pitch B was 3% up 1.003

H 949 2 or modern setting..
room verb and tape delay

Those are approximate H3000 settings..
3% down pitch A
3% up pitch B

I am not well versed in the pitch block yet but perhaps you can figure something with those settings..
If so clue me in..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom