brother cane "Wishpool " request

soc233

An old album from 97 or so but in my humble estimation one of the top 5 guitar tones Ive ever heard.Unfortunatly I dont have a lot of experience with different amps so Im not too sure where to start Im guessing its possibly a bassman or something similiar I believe alot of the tone is comming from the power tubes . Anyway if someone is familiar with this band and the equipment they might have used I would appreciate any help or advice
Thanks

Brother Cane is one of my all time favorite bands. I've seen them in concert a couple of times in the '90's and Damon Johnson (singer/lead guitar) was using Les Pauls and Marshall Amps live back then. Not exactly sure what amps were specifically used on those albums? I saw him on tour (and met him)with Slave To The System about a year and a half ago and was using Krank amps. He sounded awesome. Always loved his guitar playing and guitar tone! I have some old links on my home computer to some Brother Cane sites. I'll have to check them out to see if they are still active and if so if they have any info on equipment used.

Thanks Ken , The guitar sound on Wishpool is incredibly fat and round .If it was a Marshall /LesPaul then they had some kind of unique pedal or maybe the amps were modified ,then again maybe it was the speakers they used . I dont know but Ive never heard aMarshall/Les Paul sound that good (to me)

Just an update to clarify .What I thought was Wishpool was actually their untittled album . I believe it was their first . Anyway the entire recording is awesome not just the guitars .

Sorry I forgot to reply to this a while ago when I was able to check my old links and unfortunately all of the links I had to fans sites were no longer active. You might want to goto http://members.tripod.com/sunspotprod/ and see if you can track down some info. I just checked and the tabs links are still working so if you are lookiing so some good tabs of their songs you could at least get that. I haven't found anything on what amps they actually used. But like I said when I saw them in concert supporting the Seeds album which was just after the selftitled one both guitarists were using Marshall amps.

Back
Top Bottom