Brootalz Cab Pack 7 vs 8 vs 9

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
It's a Feared song without vocals. I dunno if this counts as brootalz but I dunno what can be more brutal than this. :)

Every clip contains a different Alloy on the left and right side. Only post processing is a low cut to give bass for the bass. Bass might actually be a future Cab Pack aswell. I'm such a tease...

Which one do you prefer?

I'm doing these genre tests mainly because I'm trying the best genre for all the Cab Packs. Obviously 8 will own at just about everything. "Brit" sounds good no matter where it is. "USA" is my personal preference for my own rock/metal/grunge genre. It's middle scooped so it will have that millennium era nu-metal vibe. Also it's the #1 cab for progressive metal. ;) The Boaner will probably be called "Euro" just so you guys know. It's got a CRAZY amount of middle frequencies. I think it might work best for metal genres. The C speaker actually gave me a curve that looks almost identical to the Periphery Alpha/Omega tone. It's got Chinese V30s in it. Definitely a "different" sound. Honky! Reminds me of Orange actually.

Is it just me or does it seem like 9 has the most depth or dimension to it? IR's to me a lot of times end up sounding "fake" because its almost like they are too in your face. 9 seemed to have more of a 3 dimensional quality to it and as a result maybe would sit better in a mix. Just my opinion please tell me if you guys think I am off base with that.

Back
Top Bottom