BROOTALZ Appreciation post

Great mix!

Can you tell me more about your bass tone?
What was used etc?

Thank you! Have you ever read The Systematic Mixing Guide? That's basically where I got my tone.
However I'll briefly explain what I did. It's 3 tracks: DI, an Amp-y tone w/ a tad of distortion and a super distorted track that sounds like shit. Each track is filtered so that they take up certain frequencies. Individually they sound like doo doo, but when blended correctly they make a pretty solid tone.

I was so psyched for the Engl Savage it took a while for me to give this one a spin but it friggin kills. I hate to admit it considering how much I was looking forward to the Engl but I may be liking Teh Brootalz more...
Great problem to have!

I was so psyched for the Engl Savage it took a while for me to give this one a spin but it friggin kills. I hate to admit it considering how much I was looking forward to the Engl but I may be liking Teh Brootalz more...
Great problem to have!

I agree, we have too many great amps to choose from.

Very cool clip. Just a suggestion, if you rasied the Precense controll you'd might not have to do a high-self boost. My experience is that the less additional EQ I need to do after choosing cabs, setting tone-controls etc the better it will sound.

Personally I think blending too many cabs makes the sound to dense and less focused, hence I allways only use one cab, but we're all different.

Very cool clip. Just a suggestion, if you rasied the Precense controll you'd might not have to do a high-self boost. My experience is that the less additional EQ I need to do after choosing cabs, setting tone-controls etc the better it will sound.

Personally I think blending too many cabs makes the sound to dense and less focused, hence I allways only use one cab, but we're all different.

I liked the high shelf more with this particular tone as opposed to the presence. As for the cab thing I always use at least two. One just isn't enough for me when it comes to my distorted tones. I'm always like, "I like this cab, but it doesn't have x. Oh, this cab sounds good, but it lacks y." I blend two that compliment each other and EQ out frequencies that I either don't like or there's too much of. I'll even use the same cab twice with different mics to add flavor sometimes. Also, sometimes I want that dense sound for some of my heavier tones. It adds a thickness that I like on some of my guitars. However, after further messing with this tone, I've narrowed it down to just two cabs.

I don't know, that's just how I do things and I like what I hear most of the time. Thank you for your input though :moon:

Back
Top Bottom