Broken Wiki Link

duneman

In the Univibe section of the Phaser Block - the Robin Trower link displays an error - have found others but don't recall them at the moment.

Would love me some RT settings on the 'vibe baby!

all the best

~dm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 2.44.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 2.44.40 PM.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks! I went though the various forum posts and downloaded the preset but apparently its not compatible with FX-8 Edit as its an Axe-Fx II .syx file. Is there perhaps a list of the settings or a file compatible with FX-8 Edit? Many thanks in advance for assisting this newbie! Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.49.33 PM.png

Is there perhaps a list of the settings or a file compatible with FX-8 Edit?
Try opening the file with FracTool -- it might be able to show you the blocks and the settings for each block. Otherwise: no, there's no way to make it compatible with the FX8 or view it without owning the device for which it was made.

Thank you, I'll try that. In the meantime there was list of settings in the very last post of the thread the wiki linked to. Sound pretty good adjusted to my taste.

If someone already has those settings in their FX8 and don't mind sharing, I'd be much obliged.

Anyone got anything cool with the synth block and formant? I used the FractTool to try and copy the params on a couple AXIII string and violin settings and man just did not work at all. Tod did some cool stuff with his drone thing but I have not ventured to try and copy it. That is some complex stuff to be sure.
Formant is cool but can't seem to find the ideal combination of voices, there is a lot of technique w that slightly moving the exp pedal to try and mimic quasi words or something close.

In the Univibe section of the Phaser Block - the Robin Trower link displays an error - have found others but don't recall them at the moment.

Would love me some RT settings on the 'vibe baby!

all the best

~dm
By the way Robin has been using the DejaVibe for ages placing it up front before his drives. Hendrix used the old one at the end of chain due to its terrible buffer. I have not started messing with it lately as I changed from Strats to Les Pauls a couple yrs back, could split coil I guess but that puppy just loves a Strat.

I’ll try it before the drive. I play as Paul as well. Not trying to emulate Trower’s tone per se, much of which is in his hands, but I do like the vibe’s swirling effect. Somewhat similar to a large music festival where far from the stage the sound is affected by air currents.

It was Trower who made me first start playing, I owe him for my guitar obsession. The sound of Bridge was just haunting.
I've used several vibes over the years. Had a couple Deja models. They are good, can't say there might not be better like DryBell or some of the boutique rare ones. As long as they are PhotoCell circuits just more organic in feel, Fractal has modeled that circuit so w some proper param and whatnot, might do the deal.
In front of the drive you get more of that pulse swing that can go into feedback when sustaining but in a good way. I would crank the params whatever they are as seems subtle is not really the vibe pulse. Digital has always been a little weak for me on vibes, Strymon as well. Maybe some artful boosting or drives would help it. Check out that Tape Deck Preamp Dist/OD model on lower gain, really like what that does to the overall tone maybe in front of the vibe for better signal push into it. Although your HBs might do it enough. I do like that model I am into more cleaner enhance boost stuff as I use a few external pedals

Back
Top Bottom