Brit silver issue?

If your preset contains and AMP block that was imported from the AxeFX, AND the amp block has a modifier attached to the OUTPUT LEVEL, then your results will be different. The controller was removed from the OUTPUT LEVEL because it's scale is different from the AxeFX and it is processed differently. However, due to a bug in the current release, the AMP block continues to process modifiers attached to the OUTPUT LEVEL if they were imported from the AxeFX. This can lead to undesirable results. The new, upcoming release corrects this issue.

If your preset contains and AMP block that was imported from the AxeFX, AND the amp block has a modifier attached to the OUTPUT LEVEL, then your results will be different. The controller was removed from the OUTPUT LEVEL because it's scale is different from the AxeFX and it is processed differently. However, due to a bug in the current release, the AMP block continues to process modifiers attached to the OUTPUT LEVEL if they were imported from the AxeFX. This can lead to undesirable results. The new, upcoming release corrects this issue.
Mine was not imported from the AxeFX, I'm starting from scratch. Pulling up this amp model with everything at the default and nothing else in the preset, there is way less gain than in simeon's AxeFX clip.

I just tried again. Empty preset, inserted the amp block, set to Brit Silver, reset the block. It has significantly less gain than simeon's clip and has a weird cocked wah sound. If I flip over to Brit 800 it is perfect Marshall goodness with much more gain and no cocked wah.

I've recently reset all system params on the AX8 and there was nothing else in the preset so I don't think it's user error. I'll try to get a clip of it tonight.

Here's a clip using the same cab and settings as simeon used on the AxeFX. I'm also using a Les Paul, but with Slash signature Alnico II's. There is definitely less gain. More of a difference than I would attribute to pickup differences. If anything I would expect mine to be hotter than most stock Gibson pickups. Maybe the OP can post a clip comparing it to his real Jubilee, I no longer have mine.

You are absolutely right that the standard settings does not give much gain. That is probably partly one of the things, I like about it.

Anyhow, I still like the results, I am getting - Here I use these settings (I removed the modifier on the input trim, and set it to 1)
Screenshot%202016-04-22%2022.39.46.png

and get this

First pass is with my favourite factory cab 146 — 4x12 MAR-CB H-PR-55 MIX (OH), second pass is with the cab suggested by Simeon

It might not be what the original would do, but I like it - a lot

Here's a clip using the same cab and settings as simeon used on the AxeFX. I'm also using a Les Paul, but with Slash signature Alnico II's. There is definitely less gain. More of a difference than I would attribute to pickup differences. If anything I would expect mine to be hotter than most stock Gibson pickups. Maybe the OP can post a clip comparing it to his real Jubilee, I no longer have mine.

Thanks to you and Simeon for running with this! looking forward to trying out the updated version.

Back
Top Bottom